ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
2007 Aikido Champion's Medal Art Competition
Hi all... Shogan here...

By now you know of the Toribash World Championship for 2007: Aikido

I have suggested to Hampa to include a medal for the winner, so that the medal-like icon will be displayed in the forum, like the booster icon. It may also be displayed next to the head icon in-game and be there forever...lol

However, I think I'll open it up for you guys to try designing a nice medal; I may or may not subject the entries to an open vote;

Prize: 10000TC + Gold Relax + Sapphire Force + 1 Choice of Texture + 1 Choice of Gradient
Closing date: CLOSED

Criteria:
.png .tif .tga format (No background, background is to be transparent)
64X64 pixels only
"2007" year to be included
"Aikido" Mod name to be included
Medal looking or trophy looking

Please describe why you've designed it the way you have.

My example:
I've attached a rough looking medal done by myself. I chose a black and white ribbon color to represent the mod as the Aikido uniform is black and white. This is because if Hampa were to shrink the 64X64 icon smaller, the ribbon colors can still be seen but the words "Aikido" may disappear. I guess I should have made the "2007" bigger. I can fix it later when I have time.

I hope I can win my own competition...LOL
I dunno what miracles you can do with 64X64 pixels. Upload your entries to this thread. Good luck...Have fun!

Shogan
Attached Images
2007.png (1.4 KB, 400 views)
here's a pretty basic one, im sure i can be outdone.
I would of used black and white, but the white didn't stand out, so i chose black & grey. I used the simple blood like effects because its toribash. And i put '07 because 2007 would be too big.
Attached Images

:D
i used the toribash logo for mine, but i made the blood gold. I am not syure how it will look on a white background though
Attached Images

PARANDROID
does it have to be gold ?
Last edited by Function-X-; Dec 14, 2007 at 04:40 AM.

+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+
|F||u||n||c||t||i||o||n||-||X||-|
+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+
Well, I tried something. I think it turned out OK, it kind of difficult to make cool stuff at 64x64. I didn't do a medal because even though it's a requirement, I think a trophy would look better. If it were a smaller image, I'd go with a medal (like the uke head in the old schooler icon). I did this because medals are so boring and unimpressive. At least I have some cool colors in there. So, I really don't mind if you disqualify this. Just wanted to try something anyways.

Edit: Now that the criteria has changed, I'll try a bit harder on getting this to look good in something so small. I'll update later.
Attached Images

Last edited by RbLcK; Dec 14, 2007 at 05:30 AM.

like rblck said its sorta limited at such low dimensions, but i gave it a shot, whatdayathink?

i know you said more medal looking but i think that it looks ok
Attached Images

Since when did I become Asian?
Alrighty then... I've changed the criteria some so you can have more freedom. Just remember that it is to represent the winner's achievement.
".png .tif .tga format (No background, background is to be transparent)
64X64 pixels only
"2007" year to be included
"Aikido" Mod name to be included
Medal looking or trophy looking"

JDawg, you are missing 2-3 or the criteria, (I cannot see if that is an 07.)

Also shogan, wouldn't it be "Aikido mode?"
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
yes that is 07 it IS 64x64 and it IS png it does not look like a trophy what else am i missing? i am no dumass i triple check directions i chose not to really make it a medal but more of a logo/mini banner
Since when did I become Asian?
It has to be transparent
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube