Toribash
Original Post
rework on grab mechanics
as we all know th current grab mechanics works as solid line connection that apply alot of force while it's connected without any flexibility what leads to eather dms or in case of general aikido matches deformation of body, and alot of crap.

by making grabs breakable and changing the way they are applied will make gameplay much more rich and less raw.

so, let's start with the way grab works. if grab will work like ball axis connection, allowing rotation on all 3 axises or so, annoying shit like double torso grabs in aikido mods would not deform toribody and break the way joints work, in shork, you will be still connected to your opponent, but in much more fluid and flexible way, that except solving doublegrabs bs it will also look good and will be realistic.

sounds good, right?
yeah, but not entirely, the last thing that needs to be added is to make grabs breakable. yeah, you can break the grab and give that scrub that glued to you like a parasite a nice kick in the ass, or so.
why it's good? you will actually had to use brain to grab people, be able to break it and get free instead of ending up in hugs of a scrub.

when these 2 elements are combined we are going to get an effective, interesting, realistic, fluid and NOT broken way to grab people that any mod with or without grabs may benefit from.

like aikido, lenshu, tk, and may be even wushu (in case of wushu - only if the grab threshold is very low ofc)
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
play with people who like you would rather have a mach closer to how must peoples basic understanding of irl judo works rather than one that takes after a highschool wrestling mach.

not relevant.

answer bolded part

Originally Posted by snake View Post
the problem is when you end up in double grabs your torso is getting deformed. ball axis does solve it, as solid line connection does not fuck you up with the force.

thats an issue. do you recognise it?

tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
this is an issue only if you make it one which you have and yes ball axis does solve it but in the process creates more issues these being much more important
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
this is an issue only if you make it one which you have and yes ball axis does solve it but in the process creates more issues these being much more important

name them.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
grabs in general becoming useless grabs when in a situation of not being useless unreliable it will brake grabs
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Maybe the fact that they're so popular is the problem? Maybe it would be better if they became a little weaker while still being viable?