Toribash
Original Post
/votekick command
A command for players that are not the OP to kick a troublesome person out of the server, if only temporarily. It could display a counter in chat saying votes for and against with text saying how to /votekick if the other players want to vote but don't have to waste everyone's time by asking how. Whatever the majority after 60 seconds or so, the command acts on it. If the final results are 50/50, nothing happens.
This is a great idea for a group of trolls looking to abuse this power.
Tyzo: Haunted Memes can't crush Obey's Dreams.
Yay: But RelaxAll can crush Obey's Balls.
Originally Posted by Day View Post
all your restrictions are too flimsy and easy to get around. This idea is just not going to work and by adding this we are only creating more work for staff

Actually if this system is thought carefully and is implemented, it would probably save more time for the staff in general reports area. If there's that one guy spamming stuff or just being a general dick, by a fair working votekick system it would save the trouble of a report.
Though if there was a simple and fair way to implement this system, i'm sure there would've been a votekick long before i joined. And with toribash community i believe it's harder to make a system like that.
This would just make a mess, like it was said before, clans farming TCs at Tourneys kicking better players etc.
"People, like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves."
I hate votekick. The reason is, one might enter a , let's say TF2 server...where one hostile player put up vote against someone, for no good reason, and everyone else votes Yes, or simply smashe either F1 or F2, randomly, just to make the vote request itself go away from the their screen quickly.

And when having the ability to limit by belt color, ability to report, and to password protect rooms..I can see ONLY annoying abuse come from "/votekick", than actual necessary kicking.

It would be the same as allowing (queued) players to vote out the better player. (which happens a lot in games where it's allowed to votekick), just to get ahead in any queue or avoid being beaten by that player.

For player's who are annoying in chat, "Blam" has made a cool ignore script http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=418249 / http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=529505
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Nov 24, 2015 at 07:33 PM.

If you want someone kicked from a room because they are being a hassle or they are marked as afk in a quick room, just get a GM, they are there for a reason :P This would just be abused to high heaven, it would be like giving a pukestick to prepubescent kids :P
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
The bad thing about this is that someone might just kick the person who he is fighting when he loses n stuff and yeah it can be abused so it aint a good idea in my opinion.
"inSerT iNspiRatIonaL qUoTe hErE"
Originally Posted by Voidexxx View Post
The bad thing about this is that someone might just kick the person who he is fighting when he loses n stuff and yeah it can be abused so it aint a good idea in my opinion.

I don't think it would be an issue with people vote kicking opponents, It would be simple to void a votekick on a player that is playing, in the same way that you can't /pause when you're playing. although it would still be abused and would cause more issues then what it would fix.
I like the idea,

Haven't read every post so idk if it's been brought up.
But just add a limitation of how manny times you can kick a player/players out of a server to per say, 2 or 3 an hour or so. Or whatever.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
But just add a limitation of how manny times you can kick a player/players out of a server to per say, 2 or 3 an hour or so. Or whatever.

But wont that make the whole thing useless? I guess a way you could implement a cool off system to make it so that /votekick actually bans the offender for 30 minutes, but there are still implications, if you can votekick only a few people a day then what happens when a bunch of offenders are in a room?
I'd say we work on what we already have, this is floodkick.
Make a 3 strokes system for floodkick so:
----------------------------------------------------
Floodkick stroke 1/3 | 10 minutes cool down
Floodkick stroke 2/3 | 20 minutes cool down
Floodkick stroke 3/3 | 60 minutes cool down
Cool down being x time ban that is undone after x amount of time.
----------------------------------------------------
That would make Floodkick more of a deterrent to stop spammers, but also make it so that if someone was accidentally floodkicked, say they where pressing space a lot, iirc that floodkicks you, unless if it was fixed.
So, there we already have a more affective automated kicking system.
Instead of a /votekick command, a /report <reason> command that expands your chat and takes a screenshot and files a report in the General reports(So you can edit it with more proof is required), the GMs and Smods can then deal with the report as per normal. Provided of course, that there are countermeasures put in place to stop spammers spamming the command. Harsh punishments for false reports, a cool down system say, 40 minutes per report, if you had to report something within that time period you could simply make another report in the traditional means.

I would like to see people discuss this in more detail, this is just off the top of my head. :P
Last edited by Tuna; Nov 26, 2015 at 07:57 PM.
Do you know why this is useless? Because you can make an alt in under a minute in Toribash.
You'd just end up voting every minute and the offender would just keep making new alts. Easier to get on IRC and ask some staff member to place a real ban on them, that's way more effective.