Toribash
Original Post
Let us please buy forums VIP and Toriprime via Steam wallet.
Headline pretty much says it. I would love to buy a VIP but i dont own a paypal account. (o(
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 20, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
I don't think this is a good idea. If you don't have a paypal account, you can use pay by phone and other methods. This would take a while and may have to shut down the game and forums for a week or so and no one wants that. ~Not Supported.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nabi needs to make a profit. They need real money to eat and live :o
Steam wallet would pretty much buy them games.
I don't see how this will be implemented.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
I'm sure there's some way that company accounts get the actual money instead of just wallet money. You can't possibly say that all of the money that "sinks" from marketplace transactions goes into one big steam wallet that Valve has.

This is a good idea, and will open up more possibilities for the younger members whose parents won't let them handle "real money" over the internet.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Look. Forums are a standalone thing for toribash. Nabi has given up a good sum of profit just buy letting people buy TC with steam wallet. Forums have nothing to do with steam, therefore it would be a waste to just say "Hey, buy everything with steam". This has been sugested couple times and it was mostly ended by what I just said.
h
In my country you can only use paypal to purchase TC.
Well then let it be Paysafe Cards at least.
I don't see how Nabi gave up Money by making TC purchasable via Wallet.
As if anyone ever actually bought tc in the torishop.
Yes the Forums are an own organism running paralelly to the game. I think this concept overall is poor profit for Nabi and wether VIP being walletable/paysafable or not doesnt change that at all.
It's not only the thing with Paypal being something younger Members dont have. It's also much less complicated to make purchases via Steam and/or paysafe card ,as there also are various reasons NOT TO create a paypal account.
-----
Originally Posted by Buck_Turgidson View Post
I don't think this is a good idea. If you don't have a paypal account, you can use pay by phone and other methods. This would take a while and may have to shut down the game and forums for a week or so and no one wants that. ~Not Supported.

How that? Steam accounts are already implemented in the Torishop. I highly doubt that that would take lots of effords. Ofc I've never published a game in steam so I might talk crap considering how little i actually know about this.
-----
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Nabi needs to make a profit. They need real money to eat and live :o
Steam wallet would pretty much buy them games.
I don't see how this will be implemented.

If that was the fact there would be many ways to get the money in that theyre not milking atm. The toribash economy is poorly constructed imo. Doesn't matter all that much for this matter but i think they would still make considerable profit from it considering that many people (including me) just don't own a paypal account and will not create one.
Last edited by pinheads; Jun 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
I suppose that you guys do realize that when devs are selling something via Steam Wallet money they don't get the "Steam-only" money that can be spent on games and whatever?

More stuff is going to be available for purchase with Steam Wallet, that may be implemented in the next version. Eventually, everything that can be bought with PayPal will be also available to be bought in Steam.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
I suppose that you guys do realize that when devs are selling something via Steam Wallet money they don't get the "Steam-only" money that can be spent on games and whatever?

More stuff is going to be available for purchase with Steam Wallet, that may be implemented in the next version. Eventually, everything that can be bought with PayPal will be also available to be bought in Steam.

Closed.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Transactions through steam
At the moment, all the transactions that require money on the toribash community is made via Paypal. That includes TC Boosters, Toricredits, ToriPrime and VIP.
Unfortunately, not everyone uses PayPal. Some do not trust paypal, some had issues with it, some prefer not using it, and so on.
Although, in many cases, people do trust steam to make online transactions (buying games/items for games).

Bringing the option to buy TC/toriprime/etc through steam would not only increase the sales, but it would make it easier for many players to do such transactions.

For instance (this is my actual story), I want to buy toriprime/VIP on the forums, but I haven't trusted PayPal ever since someone got access to my account somehow and I almost lost ~200$ (and it could have been much worse). To this day, I didn't find how someone could've gotten access to my account, It may have been caused by some mistaken purchase, or maybe an actual bliss on PayPal's security. Either way, I deactivated my PayPal account and I don't think I will ever use it again. This didn't actually mean I stopped buying online stuff completely. I still buy games and Items through steam on a regular basis, and I would buy the toriprime/vip if it was available to do so on steam.
:^)
You can currently pay for TC via steam, I used it before. Don't think boosters are yet though, they would be nice to have, although I'm not sure if Steam would allow toriprime since it doesn't change anything inside the game.