people playing: 57, servers online: 20, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Money

Toribash Community » Toribash » Art
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 6 Days Ago   #41
WeppetKo

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Origin

Wild Metamorphosis
2048x1024

Probably the most detailed texture I've ever done, in full HD. The clock took me quite a while, I spent about 10 hours on the overall texture.

I might work more on it if I come up with something.

3D

Flat

WIPs

Art.
Want to join Origin? Visit this thread.
WeppetKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #42
Swepples
Fuck its Muck

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

Wow really nice. The detail is insane, and the texture is really cool man.

There's still something about your art style that makes it hard to read (for me at least)...
I really couldn't guess there'd be empty eye sockets if I wasn't watching the flat. Something about your choice of contrast that I find weird maybe?
Traps might not be gay, but TANG certainly is
Replay thread >:B | #fred4president

Last edited by Swepples; 5 Days Ago at 07:52 AM..
Swepples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #43
WeppetKo

8th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
Wow really nice. The detail is insane, and the texture is really cool man.

There's still something about your art style that makes it hard to read (for me at least)...
I really couldn't guess there'd be empty eye sockets if I wasn't watching the flat. Something about your choice of contrast that I find weird maybe?

I can understand the concern there, since I'm stubbornly refusing to use colors I have to practice making clear what I'm drawing. That means reflections, contrast, shades and an object's texture. I'll work more on it. Thanks for the feedback.
Art.
Old 4 Days Ago   #44
Hug

10th Dan Black Belt

Reminds me of Membrain stuff if you remember his artworks. I catch the idea of that "distortion" thing but IMO it works good only with detailed drawings otherwise it makes head looking messy and lower quality. I really adore wild metamorphosis, this is an example where your style worked well. It seems like you still looking for your own style so keep it up I think you'll find a good balance because as I see you absolutely know about what plastic anatomy is nor you have good drawing skills.
Hug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #45
WeppetKo

8th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Hug View Post
Reminds me of Membrain stuff if you remember his artworks. I catch the idea of that "distortion" thing but IMO it works good only with detailed drawings otherwise it makes head looking messy and lower quality. I really adore wild metamorphosis, this is an example where your style worked well. It seems like you still looking for your own style so keep it up I think you'll find a good balance because as I see you absolutely know about what plastic anatomy is nor you have good drawing skills.

Yes I've seen some of Membrain's artworks and you aren't the first one to talk to me about him. Probably not on subjects, but our style is very different.

With distortion you mean the grainy effect I was talking about? I personally think I'm getting better at managing it, in my first head of that kind, Prisoner 3172, it was a bit out of control. That head was a big test, I went ahead and tested completely new stuff: brushes, contrast choices, subject, kind of mapping, process of building the head and from that I overhauled my style. In the end it sold incredibly well from what I was used to so I continued in that direction. Prisoner 3172 was some kind of miracle basically.

With Wild Metamorphosis I went in planning just to have fun with it. At this point I feel kind of comfortable with the style and I've experience with drawings that are an huge amount of stuff stuck together. 2048x1024 helped a lot too there when going into details.

Thanks for the feedback mate!
Art.