Toribash
Original Post
"Auto" Odd flame opt edit / general edit
I feel like the flame market is dying and people aren't as into flames as they used to be because they know that 90% of people play with them opt 0 so that they don't bug them out...

So I was feeling like to increase the strength of the flame market and also help users not have to change there settings all the time

have a program called "Auto" in the settings that automatically opts flames off for games if it notices they are too buggy (it assesses the situation pregame and then makes a decision that lasts the entire game)

it should do this with quality and framerate cap as well...

but off course you can turn auto off
I really don't see a point in that, honestly. If someone has flames opted out, they have them opted out because

a.) their computers can't handle the particles,
b.) they're tired of looking at gigantic globe/rain/obtrusive flames, or
c.) they really just don't like looking at flames.

Adding a smart feature of sorts could be useful I suppose, but if someone really wanted to look at flames they'd opt in until they needed to opt out.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
I really don't see a point in that, honestly. If someone has flames opted out, they have them opted out because

a.) their computers can't handle the particles,
b.) they're tired of looking at gigantic globe/rain/obtrusive flames, or
c.) they really just don't like looking at flames.

Adding a smart feature of sorts could be useful I suppose, but if someone really wanted to look at flames they'd opt in until they needed to opt out.

no I just meant that people want to buy flames so OTHER people can see them and they will look cool

and that won't happen if a lot of people have flames opt 0 because of intense flames...

I feel like this would make people see the less cancerous flames and increase there market value
Competitive players usually opt them, because all flames are cancer at seeing wrists or certain joints during gameplay.
I mean, someone can code that on the side and make a small program available but i dont rlly see this beeing vital to the game, so i doubt any official dev would do it( unless he voluntarely wants to)
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Unfortunately its just the way it is. Just like every item in the market, sooner or later the prices will drop and you can't do much about it and it would be very difficult to repopularize. Just like the flames everyone knew sooner or later they would become less popular and more annoying. I wouldn't mind something like this being added and I wouldn't mind seeing flames being popular in the market again but I dont see a guarantee this would do the job.
Originally Posted by Market rules
Flame Specific Rules

A) Do not create, request, buy, sell or wear flames that cause serious lag in-game or obstruct being able to play the game.

There is this thing out there, noone ever enforced it. I did force people to remove obxonious flames a couple of times since I always loved the flames market but heh, noone cares since 2009.
The "lag" factor is a really subjetive one though, and this has always been a struggle for everyone trying to enforce that rule.
Last edited by Tinerr; Jun 6, 2017 at 03:59 PM.