Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Why I think Toribash is dying
I believe that Toribash is dying because we aren't noob friendly enough. A enormous majority of players that I see in lobbies have been playing before 2015. This could indicate that newer players are not retaining their interest in the game. We should try to fix this by simply being more inclusive towards newer players and make learning curve of Toribash more geared towards newer player retaining their interest in the game. In my opinion, the learning curve of Toribash is not good because of the fact that new players will at first use fight school which; lets face it, is good at making a nice learning curve.

We could also make newer players stay longer by implementing a more in-depth progression system since the only form of progression (motivation to play the game) that we have currently are belts, QI, ranked (which no one plays), and TC. The belts are just a measure of how long you've been playing, QI lets you own items (a new player won't care), ranked is doesn't hold any value to them because no one plays it anyway, and a newer player doesn't know the full extent of what TC can be used to do and doesn't even know how to obtain it in meaningful amounts.

And then theres Toribash next which I hope will bring the concept of Toribash back to life. However, if the release of doesn't increase the player base in any meaningful way, than it would probably be due to the fact that no one knew about or cared about it's release except for Toribash players. In short, people have to know that it exists to play the damn game.

I think that these are points we should consider because i'm pretty sure that right now, Toribash is becoming one of those free to play games that people download, play for 10-150 minutes, (Check the reviews of TB on steam) and deleted never to be seen again by that person. We've all done it.
y e e t