Toribash
Original Post
With $300 what should I buy for my gaming computer?
I want to buy the Antec nine hundred case so it's really only $180.
I truly have no Idea But dont say A graphics card because I want to wait for DirectX 10 cards to go down in price.
I was thinking about a new cpu like the Intel core duo E6300 or 1 GB of memory . The Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Hard Drive and the Lite-On Optical drive combined only cost $105 so I could buy them. Maybe the smartest move would be to buy a good power supply to power all of
this.

I suppose that I should tell you what I have.
: 256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory
: Windows XP
: 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

I would really like =PsYcHZ= help.

Thank you everyone.

PS. I love Games so please suggest gaming Items.
Re: With $300 what should I buy for my computer?
Thing about graphics cards, is if you wait for them to come down in price, and when they do, they release ANOTHER uber graphics card, and you can't just wait for them.
In computers, if you need something you buy it at the lowest price you can find today. Don't wait, because things become uncompatable and newer and better things come.

Personally, myself, I would buy a new harddrive, because thats the thing that I need the most. Just think, what do you need the most? Do you play much video games? Download heaps of movies? what?

I bought a good 450W PSU a few months back and it set me back 90 bucks. Graphics card I suppose is the best thing to get, depending on how good your current card is :P

If I were you, I'd save it, then buy the parts for a whole new computer.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Re: With $300 what should I buy for my computer?
how about a 2gb sandisk portable memory card? there is this 2 gb thing that u stick into your comp is very usefull with school and stuff and is cheap. good handy item to have. you can move memory/files(including toribash) from one comp to the other and get it back again or copy it to the other comp or transfer it and leave it on the other comp
Re: With $300 what should I buy for my gaming computer?
But Vebb I only have 180 dollars how could I buy a Video card of that stature ; and my video as you can see sucks.
Also I like your thinking there Kwah
RAM. If you don't have enough money for a decent processor or video card, then buy more ram. Might want to go for a 2 GB total because of newer games coming out. This is assuming you will eventually have enough money for a better video card.

Give us more information. Processor, ram, power supply, fans. I can't suggest anything from what you've given me!
RAM: 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 522MHz

Processor: Pentium 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology

Fans: Im not so sure about what kind of Fans I have.

Originally Posted by RbLcK
RAM. If you don't have enough money for a decent processor or video card, then buy more ram. Might want to go for a 2 GB total because of newer games coming out. This is assuming you will eventually have enough money for a better video card.

I get money at a snails pace
Ram! Ram. What about your powersupply?
get a gig of ram, fer chrissakes.

512 MB is only good enough to run a toaster, and possibly a chair on. You'll feel the difference immediately.

And if you can spare the case, get a 7600GT (about 120$), that should last a great deal of time.

And veb, it's not about taking it all now. I've been wanting to upgrade for half a year, but waited until now to see what DX10 cards are like and to get the E4300 C2D (100%+ overclock on air <3). Oh, and Vista compatibility.

Moral of the story; wait until they release "next-gen" stuff (If it's not a long ways off), then buy midrange of that.
Creator of Aikido and Wushu
Most likely candidate to rediscover Toribash every 3 years.