Toribash
Original Post
Gamemasters recruiting!

Hey there guys! Once again, it's time for the GameMasters to recruit some fresh blood.
There are no requirements based on belt, post count or length of time you've been around.
We're looking for reliable, active and enthusiastic people who are outgoing and personable.
It's a free form application, that means there's no set format, you include however much you feel is needed, GMT, languages, when you're active etc etc
That kind of stuff.
Applications should be sent to Erth or Thorn.

Before writing it up though, you may wanna check THIS THING HERE out. Dargon's been lovely enough to tell you how to make a good not totally balls app

The deadline for applications is (2 weeks after this thread is posted)

Any posts saying "Just sent my app" or "Good luck" will be deleted and infracted

P.S Posting in this thread will not help your chances. We're going on the assumption that most posts here will be full-retard
Last edited by Erth; Oct 4, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
When i worked at several eos based muds in the past it was always fun to review the new applications for staff/immortal (hey, it was dungeons and dragons, we had gods). The coolest apps to get were the ones that read. " I want to be a God just because it would be cool" or "I cant wait to snoop on those cyber idiots" life in the old days was fun. ps. I don't think i will apply, I have done my share of baby sitting, but it is nice to see this place recruits from within the player base. Good show staff.
Such Is Life.
Originally Posted by Dikarika View Post
So, whats involved these days being a Gamemaster?

I was one before, back when lots of recordkeeping was involved, and on top of that, I ran my own tournaments back during the "dark ages" before Toribash became f2p.

So, mainly I'm curious about requirements, frequency expected, and other nuts and bolts details.

Assuming of course that I'm not on some blacklist by now, lol.

it's not so much different as from back then, but it probably is a bit more tedious now due to the larger community, as well as some requirements we gotta follow. We still keep logs, host tournaments, do forum events, and do some other various things for the community. Also, as Tim said, we are basically in-game police. We do a lot of in-game based moderation, i.e. dealing with reports on things like scamming, racism, etc. Just so you know, it's kind of time consuming so don't apply if you have work, school, or other things that will keep you from keeping a somewhat active stature

hope that sort of clears it up.
Last edited by Faint; Sep 10, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Originally Posted by Luxstorm View Post
Lord lord faint. I saw your picture and thought i had double posted, lol

Is there a reason to why you are posting useless posts?

Anyway, I just want to clarify this:
What if you are not 12 hour+ active? What's the minimum of activity you need to become one?
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
What.
I don't suggest you lose hope after three or four weeks, just because we don't accept you this time around does not mean that we won't accept you at all. Also the voting period for these types of things usually last for around a month, not just a week or two.

Tim... curiosity... How much GM's will be accepted?
[Aether] l [TW] l [TABD]
Aether is recruiting!
just a reminder, don't post here asking if your application was read, asking if people got it, etc, such posts will be removed and you'll probably be infracted.

also try to keep the useless posts here to a minimum, only ask questions related to gms, joining the gms, etc.

and if i see any "omg i applied good luck everyone else!!!!" posts i am going to permaban you and steal all of your items.

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
Is there a reason to why you are posting useless posts?

Anyway, I just want to clarify this:
What if you are not 12 hour+ active? What's the minimum of activity you need to become one?

We merely expect you to get the job done, not expect you to devote your entire life to the team, I've got a job, and I'm looking for another job while still working. When I get home from work I've got very little time, maybe an hour or two to myself and half of that generally goes to toribash, to give you an example.
Originally Posted by RockStarzz View Post
Tim... curiosity... How much GM's will be accepted?

There's no set number, it's more of as many as we need, and if that quota isn't filled then it's the ones that look the best. However this isn't to say that your acceptance is judged only on how your app looks, obviously if we think you're a shit person you aren't going to be accepted (I'm not saying YOU are a shit person, I'm just making a statement)
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
GM App |BubBug|
My name's Anthony (IGN BubBug) I'm a black belt and I'm very active on the forums and in game. I don't post a lot on the forums but I do check it very often. I'm in the clan NaRC and I think I'm gonna apply for Drugged. I'm 14 years old and my skype is xxbubbugxx. I'm in 8th Grade and very mature. I can handle the trolls and all of the ragers because they do not bother me. If you accept me I'll try my best to improve the community. If I get reports I will get on it until it's solved. I do not make assumptions unless I've had prior problems with the user before. Although I am relaxed and do not try to intimidate nor show the power I am very serious about having authority. I've been staff on big servers in Minecraft (ex: owner/ admin/ mod) So I know how to handle similar situations. I've had toribash since July of 2012 so I do not the game well. Thanks for your time and I hope you accept me!
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
it's not so much different as from back then, but it probably is a bit more tedious now due to the larger community, as well as some requirements we gotta follow. We still keep logs, host tournaments, do forum events, and do some other various things for the community. Also, as Tim said, we are basically in-game police. We do a lot of in-game based moderation, i.e. dealing with reports on things like scamming, racism, etc. Just so you know, it's kind of time consuming so don't apply if you have work, school, or other things that will keep you from keeping a somewhat active stature

hope that sort of clears it up.

Honestly, I don't mind the idea of being "in game police". Nor Do I mind keeping records.

I'm pretty much back to visiting Toribash once (or more) per day, so activity is not an issue either.

However, back in the day (gamekeepers?) we were required to record a full tournament worth of replays, and zip/upload them for "whatever".

I love hosting tournaments, I've done it in official and unofficial capacities. I'm mostly wondering exactly what "paperwork" is required these days.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
I'd have to say, activity plays a big part in your application. If you're not active, don't apply, simple as that. If you're active, and willing to devote your time to the team, go ahead. We aren't asking for hours on end, but at least a couple of hours per-day. Inactive GMs are the last thing we need right now.

dika: the logging is far simpler, you'll see it if you're accepted ;p. We don't require you to upload replays of the entire tournament, haha.
Originally Posted by BubBug View Post
My name's Anthony (IGN BubBug) I'm a black belt and I'm very active on the forums and in game. I don't post a lot on the forums but I do check it very often. I'm in the clan NaRC and I think I'm gonna apply for Drugged. I'm 14 years old and my skype is xxbubbugxx. I'm in 8th Grade and very mature. I can handle the trolls and all of the ragers because they do not bother me. If you accept me I'll try my best to improve the community. If I get reports I will get on it until it's solved. I do not make assumptions unless I've had prior problems with the user before. Although I am relaxed and do not try to intimidate nor show the power I am very serious about having authority. I've been staff on big servers in Minecraft (ex: owner/ admin/ mod) So I know how to handle similar situations. I've had toribash since July of 2012 so I do not the game well. Thanks for your time and I hope you accept me!

All applications are to be sent to Thorn or Erth. Any applications posted here will not be read.
Inq | GM | ORMO | Replay Thread
Need help with anything? PM me
Beta | Orko | Uric | Vodka | Aj | Ed | Firebolty | EJM | ChuckNinja
<[Obey]PlataBear> I yolo so hard erth looks up from his toilet
EJM wants me to change my name back. What say you, folks?