Ranking
Original Post
Introducing the newest and funnest toribash format
This thread is here to introduce you to the new concept of competition method that me, slith and with a few other members devised over the last couple of days.

Think of this as a way of organising group fights (which we all know are the funnest), but with the ease of just going into a server to play on your own.

It all came to be when I asked slith if he though bouncy would fancy in impromptue fight with spirit. It unsurprisingly turned out that neither clan had enough members who could be bothered to fight online. so instead, slith suggested that we each made up our own team and made them fight each other.
About five-ten minutes later me and slith had both got ourselves 3 players each and were all ready in a server to have our own mini war. It only ended up taking about 20-30 minutes and we had a good time.

We used a new type of group participation which i do not beleive had been used before in toribash, instead of making every player fight eachother once, or playing first to so many wins, we used a tekken battle style format, where each team was put in a set order and then made to battle against the other. We did a double rotation, so that when a player lost their first game they went to the back of their teams queue to create the effect of having 8 players. We happened to use aikido as the first mod and sprit wrestling as the second mod:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=49798

The night after, i did the same thing against a team vigilante had prepared in about 10 minutes. It also took about 20-30 minutes, and this time we used aikido and wushu:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=49925

The fun thing about this method of competing is that its quite layed back, but as long as one person knows what they are doing and the other people are able to comply it works really well.

I am telling you all this so that you too can play like this and enjoy the fun we had.

Here is the rought guide to what to do:

Preperation
Step 1: Find a willing opponent:
its best to do this ingame in a crwoded server, or even better in irc, please dont make threads challenging somebody else to make a team, because that wont work. Try and find somebdy willing ti make their own team to play against a team you can quickly make

Step 2: Agree on how many players to have in each team:
I suggest that you have about 3-6 players in a team depending on how many peopel you can find.

Srep 3: Agree on what modes to use:
You should agree on two modes which you wish to use, and what order to use them in (see the execution section to see what i mean about putting them in an order)

Step 4: Prepare the server:
get the server ready, with the first mod set up, ready to get players into it

Step 5:: Find some players:
try and find friendly players who have the time to stay and play for about half an hour, its easiest to do this in irc. Tell them what server to go to. When you have both got your teams ready, move on to the execustion stage:

Execution:

Step 1: Restore order:
When everyone is in the server, it wil be a little choatic to start with, so you will need to spec everybody to get ready to play.

Step 2: Chose player order:
Not related to the last step, although similar in title, what you have to do here is come to some sort of logical selection process whereby the captain of each team choses the order in which their opponents come on to fight.

Step 3: Begin the battles:
Start the battle by getting the two players at the start of each line up to fight eachother, winner stay on to play the next person up in the opponents team

Step 4: The mode swap:
When it gets to the stage that one teams players have all been beaten once, its time to swap the mode to the second mode. once you have the second mode set up, the person who is just won should play against the first player of the team who has had all of it splayers beat (bascially, the losing team begins its second rotation)

Step 5: Finish it!:
Once one team has had all of its members beaten once, then eliminated on their second rotation the other team (the last team standing) is the winning team, and you can celebrate in your jubulant glory.

May i stress, that these rules are not strictly to be followed, feel free to use variations if you want to, but this if you want to you can stick to this method, it works, and is fun.

May i also stress that for this to work, the eplayers should not take the competition too seriously, but they must try (obviously). It is also important that the players you get are relaible, nice people and will not leave half way through just because they are losing.

May i also thank all the peopel who have participated in the two of these i have played in so far, included Slith and Vigilante who both captained teams agaisnt my teams, and Siku who competed in both competitions, once on my team, once against my team
PARANDROID
hehe you make the best teams.
this is why asking me to join one of your teams was a bad move and you should be happy i declined.
I hope to see more of this sort of quick teamatch games.
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
I hope to see more of this sort of quick teamatch games.

thats the main idea of this
PARANDROID
That's an awesome idea. I hope people will start doing this, sounds like fun!
I like this idea. I was recently in something that was supposed to be a clan war. The opposing clan though only had one 1 member who could actually play for long enough. At one point he left and found some willing, non clan affiliated people and we continued. This simplifies that same idea and gives it some definition. Youre a winner.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.