Ranking
Original Post
likes and Dislike system
So before any one says "this is not Facebook!" or "Great idea (sarcasm)can't wait to see Toribash turn into a raging forum of trolls disliking everyone's post"
First to avoid trolls: We could use a PC ip lock were that pc can only dislike or like the comment/post,or we could use a belt restriction.We could even use both to make it more of a problem for trolls,and harder for players to obtain.
What is the point of this anyway? There might be "Quotes of the year Events" or "Most liked person",so basically in my "First to avoid trolls " If we were to chose the belt restriction, it would encourage new people to rank up and strive for something so small as this,plus for 80% that trolls they might stop saying "^I like that idea", and not contribute any idea to thread, but they might actually like the post/comment.

Benefits It can actually help moderates look for bad posts. [/B]
Last edited by frandavi; Jun 16, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
I said CROOK UP
This was a thing in the past, and was removed for good reason. Besides, the majority of people who rate posts are stupid and will do it for the wrong reasons more frequently. The benefits are also questionable and it's not like moderators would need it to find bad posts.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
but really if this was to happen again lets just have the (like) button and not add the dislike button. and if so make it where they can only like it once. and don't let it show on the notifications if someone has liked your post. and when applying for a clan it would make it easier for someone to realize they got accepted. by having a select few to vote and if the majority of them like it then they would send the clan invite, but again at some point this could get out of hand depending on the maturity level of everyone which looking at this generation isn't all that well :P :P

exp. -> you press the like button then you cant dislike it. its either you do or don't. click like if you really like the post and when you do you cant change it.
Last edited by Cheshyre; Jun 18, 2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Removed the stupid
Originally Posted by frandavi View Post
So before any one says "this is not Facebook!" or "Great idea (sarcasm)can't wait to see Toribash turn into a raging forum of trolls disliking everyone's post"
First to avoid trolls: We could use a PC ip lock were that pc can only dislike or like the comment/post,or we could use a belt restriction.We could even use both to make it more of a problem for trolls,and harder for players to obtain.
What is the point of this anyway? There might be "Quotes of the year Events" or "Most liked person",so basically in my "First to avoid trolls " If we were to chose the belt restriction, it would encourage new people to rank up and strive for something so small as this,plus for 80% that trolls they might stop saying "^I like that idea", and not contribute any idea to thread, but they might actually like the post/comment.

Benefits It can actually help moderates look for bad posts. [/B]

Unsupported.
Would be like the rating posts system but worse.
Here's why, in my list fashion. I seem to be obsessed with these.
"PC lock" - I own two iPhones, two iPads, a laptop, a desktop, and I can browse web on my PS4 and PS3. I could downvote/upvote a post six times if I felt like it. It's not a good use of my time, but you understand the jist of it.
"Belt restriction" - Heard of "freedom of speech"?
"Quotes of the year", "Most liked person" - Waste of ST and items, as well of time, would've worked better as a YouTube event.
"Belt restriction" (again) - So I want to work towards a feature. Great. But I can't log in, or my computer broke, or there's a power cut, or I don't even own a computer... I can't access it.
"Actually helps moderate look of bad posts" - I.e. Makes forum moderators useless in deleting posts and infracting people.

Finally, this idea is bad in general as it'd turn every single post into a YouTube comment section and remove a lot of fun in replying to any posts whatsoever.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
bad idea used to have a rep system
was removed, pretty much what EJXII said
but
Originally Posted by EJXIII View Post
"Belt restriction" - Heard of "freedom of speech"?

no that's not how freedom of speech works