Toribash
Original Post
10k QI Item not awarding QI
So, as my CL price of choice i chose 10k qi;

the wording of this item is the same as the subscriptions being sent out for previous events, where albeit it saying you need to purchase the item for it being active, the boosters have been known to work anyhow.

now, as far as i can tell, i have not been awarded the 10k qi;

who do i poke to remedy this situation, or is this seen as a retroactive fix for the QI items not being on the "cant pick these items list", and if so, why were we not made aware that these items were to function in another way than lets say wibbles.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
These items are merely representations of what you receive so staff wouldn't have to keep notes.

If you want to activate it, message an admin and they'll do it for you
The item doesn't give you Qi. It's just a placeholder for shop.
As far as I know, Icky explicitly told you that yet you kept insisting on getting the item as a CL prize. You can't activate, trade or anyhow use it.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
The item doesn't give you Qi. It's just a placeholder for shop.
As far as I know, Icky explicitly told you that yet you kept insisting on getting the item as a CL prize. You can't activate, trade or anyhow use it.

He did not, let me post the entire chain with icky up until receiving said item;

Originally Posted by Icky
Originally Posted by Smogard49
Smogard49: 10k QI

no, pick an item

it is an item, no?

https://i.imgur.com/uDRyBHG.png

No. Pick an actual item that is within the constraints i places on OP.

•A choice of any item available to purchase in the shop.* (Excluding subscriptions, collector items, and packs)

Is it a sub; no
is it a collectors item; no
is it a pack; no

it's an item avail for purchase in shop under the account category; how is this not within the constraints stated?

QI is account advancement/progression related.
Not cosmetic related.

You're not the first to try for QI, the answer is still no.

Icon

i've been advised im allowed to give you that qi item now, but i'll send you an icon instead then.

Then i would rather take the qi item.

smh, sent

I guess a) he lied to you or b) he has sent a pm to someone else than me and simply made a mistake
Idk man i told you no but you demanded it, your pm chain confirms it too.

If you admit to being wrong idm reversing it and handing over an icon but you got yourself in this spot.
At no point in that entire conversation do you mention the item not working as intended
I didn't realise i had to go so indepth over the difference between a cosmetic item, a subscription, and an option that relates to account progression via USD.

I thought you were just trying to be clever, but you were keen. So I figured you wanted the item itself, since they do exist in peoples inventories, so I said I was advised I could.

I never said I would add the QI, I specifically did not mention it. Because I thought it was clear it was an item, not QI.
And how would you assume users know that the wording of purchasing an item is only relevant for some of them, and not others? By your reasoning it is not expected that boosters that are given at end of season or as a reward generally works, albeit it specifically also mentions acquiring it through a purchase?

Of-course i were not aware that you only apply this reasoning in some cases, but not others, and nowhere via a search engine is there a post outlining the differences that is indexed at google; nor has the primes been sent out so we can search the forums to better inform us of this, if it now exists somewhere not surface indexed.