Ranking
Original Post
Password expirations and compromised accounts
Hello,

Users are now required to change their passwords every 365 days (I believe the technical term for this is a "year"). This is for your own protection; good account security involves regularly changing your password. If you receive a notice that your password has expired, please change it to something new.

On a related note, if you received a notice saying your account was logged into from Germany and you got banned, your account was compromised and banned for its own security (The related breach has since been neutralized). Please follow the instructions and contact [email protected] to recover your account (And again, please change to a different password). See this thread for additional information.

Thanks,
The Management

ADDENDUM:
Chozo says,
Any further posts that appear to be flaunting how they have shit password security and how they're awesome for not getting hacked even with such idiotic practices will get their accounts suspended because there's a high probability that your accounts will end up getting hacked and generate extra work for us anyways.

Seriously, it's not a positive thing to be retarded at keeping your account safe.

ADDENDUM:
suomynona says,
Read the entire thread before posting.

I will ban anyone who obviously didn't. Thank you.
Last edited by suomynona; Jul 30, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by poppo361 View Post
Haven't been told to change my password yet.

You have not been around for a year, yet.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
Pissy, all I'm saying is I wouldn't call it hacking, more like people trusting the wrong people with their password. I challenge someone to figure out my password.

wait lemme guess its your last name followed by the word jello? Was i close?

Speaking of stupidity When I was a nub my password was my last name then now its something waaaay different I started changing it every other week or so to after I achieved 3rd dan, however if you wanna real good password convert a picture into a text file and use that to its extent, and wamo insta awesome password.

Alternatively you could open notepad and bash your head against the keyboard until you find that it would make a suitable password.

EDIT: just dont save the notepad file onto your desktop and label it PASS.

In any case its a good idea, good job guys. I also like the idea of encrypting a password Ill look into that later.
Last edited by floop78; Aug 2, 2011 at 08:12 AM.
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE
Yay, but a year sure is a long time. :S
So, in the meantime, be creative and use Google for all your 1st World Problems.
Or you can do the below...

By the way, if your REALLY going to use a word, make it 1337.
Example : Pineapples to P1^3@pp|35.

*May or may not work ^

Or you could use a phrase, like:
Last Year I Graduated From High School.

And you can do stuff with it.
Take out vowels: Lstyrgrdtdfrmhghschl.
Take one, keep one: Atergautdrmihcol.

Or you can use an encrypted file to store an immense password.
Last edited by MajorKitty; Aug 4, 2011 at 02:46 AM.