Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[WIP] Coding A Server Bot In C#. Useful to anyone?
Okay so, I've gotten bored with my normal programming , and decided to try something different. So i did a little research and stuff, and i started to make a bot for toribash, which can basically sit in a server and monitor things, such as chat... and well mostly chat XD, i can probably do something more productive than that, but for now its mostly something that monitors chat.

So what i'm thinking up right now, is the possibility of a swear filter, although im not sure how that would pan out, being as i see alot of non-english speaking people in toribash on a daily basis, and being i dont know swear words in other languages, thats kinda hard to get a huge dictionary going.

So right now, all my bot CAN do, is connect, log in as an admin (if you specify a password), talk, look at chat, enter spec and bout list, kick/ban. And i think thats mostly it at the moment.

Also, i've integrated Lua scripting into the program. I'm not a big fan of lua, but i thought : if it was gonna be used for toribash i should use lua since the client uses it for things as well :P . I may also integrate support for C# and Visual Basic scripts as well.

Now, i need to know 2 things,

1. What features would be useful to keep a server user-friendly?
2. How many people would actually use this app for their server?

So just drop your comments below for suggestions and whatnot, and i'll try to get back and have a look at them.

-Cheers,
Steve (oMejA)
Last edited by oMejA; Mar 23, 2008 at 01:54 AM.