Ranking
Originally Posted by moneshot View Post
I'm making a return to this org, haven't posted here in a while but here's some good old Billy talent^^^

did it not work? if it didn't work just click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_DKESkINQw

I love billy talent, I'm really into his lyrics and when I'm feeling really sappy I'll just slap on some red flag, surrender, or literally anything because they keep a constant good quality throughout all of their songs. Surrender is an amazing song, like I can just listen to their discography through and through. Can't go wrong with some pins and needles
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
billy talent to me, seems too punkish and the lead singer's voice isn't very appealing to me. still, it seems easy to listen to and I can understand why it sounds great to you.

cobra, is there any other band, like arctic monkeys, kasabian or franz ferdinand that you could recommend me? they don't have to be british, but, they must be something along those lines. I looked up more jamie T stuff, but, I'm not hooked onto him.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Aw I really liked Jamie T. You could give these few a shot, they're not exactly like them but they have similar qualities:
The libertines
(Not really similar but we have similar tastes) Bloc Party
She Wants Revenge
Modest Mouse (sorta)
The Shins
Cage the Elephant
Oasis (definitely look into their songs other than wonderwall like champagne supernova)
Metric
The idyllists
The kooks
The rakes
Interpol
Spoon
Kaiser Chiefs
We are scientists
The pigeon detectives
Jet
The fratellis
The rifles

Bold means you will most likely like it, but try looking into most of them thats all my rock bands pretty much. Punk not included
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
I just can agree with Skylar about your song cocacobra ^^...
Its not my style of music.

Back to basic :
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Originally Posted by HawkeyeTFA View Post
I just can agree with Skylar about your song cocacobra ^^...
Its not my style of music.

Back to basic :

hard for me to judge when its not really my taste, had a interesting start though.

Also this:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How i can say i don't like this song ?
Bleach is my favorite manga and i enjoy all the OST... ^^
So yeah this song is one of my favorite.

Nightcore here , don't like a lot nightcore but this one was pretty great
French Player, Old member of OFRO
The libertines - heard some of their stuff, but, can't get into it
Bloc Party - really quite like bloc party, especially stuff like banquet, I'm trying to get hooked on them.
She Wants Revenge - don't like them
Modest Mouse - really good band, heard most of their stuff before, but, I'm not the biggest fan.
The Shins - can see why you would like them, but, not too fond.
Cage the Elephant - love cte, all of their albums are pretty top-notch, but their first two were the best easily.
Oasis - rivals to blur, but, still good, already looked up their stuff and champagne supernova is my favourite.
Metric - pretty damn good, looking into their stuff
The idyllists - can't find any performances that aren't live.
The kooks - really good, already knew of them and loved especially their first two albums.
The rakes - not interested
Interpol - good, but, don't really like vocalist
Spoon - gonna look more into them.
Kaiser Chiefs - always have been pretty good, but, I don't think they are the best. looking more into them.
We are scientists - not too interested
The pigeon detectives - hung on whether i do or don't like them.
Jet - feels too punk to me.
The fratellis - I like these guys, already knew about them, but, for some reason decided against exploring them.
The rifles - something special about this band, definitely looking into them more.

also a suggestion to koko & any other alternate rock fan - funeral suits, their debut had something pretty cool and attractive to it.

love how the instruments are used and sound, and the vocalist has that nice feel in his voice.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post

also a suggestion to koko & any other alternate rock fan - funeral suits, their debut had something pretty cool and attractive to it.

love how the instruments are used and sound, and the vocalist has that nice feel in his voice.

That video was really, really weird. Still a great song, and I've never heard of that band before. (Always good to find new stuff)

I've been listening to some more relaxing songs lately, mostly classic and "soft rock" (Is that a thing?). Open to suggestions, here is an example of something I like.
Especially the piano.
Last edited by Laser; Apr 15, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
That video was really, really weird. Still a great song, and I've never heard of that band before. (Always good to find new stuff)

I've been listening to some more relaxing songs lately, mostly classic and "soft rock" (Is that a thing?). Open to suggestions, here is an example of something I like.
Especially the piano.

Red hot chili peppers is pretty soft at times. And (fan boying here) nine inch nails has at least one soft song per album. Examples:

Hurt
Lights in the sky
something I can have
and so on.

Also all of these include some great piano work by trent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Laser View Post

Especially the piano.

I liked the piano as well but I the singing didn't turn me on
Last edited by desu; Apr 15, 2015 at 08:42 AM.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin