Ranking
Re: Running a server?
Guys, if I want to host a dedicated server on a Linux machine and then play the game on my regular desktop PC do I have to have to registration codes or can I just use the same one for hosting the server and playing the game? Because I want to do both simultaneously.
I host a server, and have oft played on it from the same machine. I'm pretty confident you won't need your key to join a non-premium server, but I'm not so sure you can run servers from a demo version of Toribash. And you can host and play on the same machine. By the way.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
I got my server up and running fine (WOO HOO!) but i have a question. When I set it up in torilaunch it only gives me the option of dismemberment or no dismemberment. How do I change the allow fracture if I want that? And furthermore, how do I change the fracture/Dismemberment threshold?
All knowing
Unfortunately, doing something like that is a little more complex. You must open Toribash_server in MSDOS prompt.

There are instructions as to how to do this, but I cannot help you so much there - I personally cannot run DOS well, and I don't know what format or order the commands for Toribash_server must be entered.

For an answer to that, you'll have to wait for some input from a server veteran, or one of the admin.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Pretty sure it's been answered before. You can always start the server in the command line with -h for a list of commands too.

Use the search feature to find a list of commands and blah blah.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Originally Posted by veb
Pretty sure it's been answered before.

Like, say, one page ago.

Course, there's nothing DOS involved in anything. WinXP's command shell has that kind of look and feel tho.
Y'all know what I meant ^_^

I think the problems most of the people have with the command line is how to set up the server with the right paramaters, and how to input them. I'm certainly having trouble with that.

Perhaps a screenshot for those who would like to know..? XD (Thats limited to the whole of me)
Q = QUAKER OATS

Gnarven Law the Number Sixth: If you ask Gnarf for pictars, you will regret it!

Bizarrely terrible.

Anyways. So: Once you got your command shell up and running, hop over to your Toribash folder (cd\somethingsomething). Start toribash_server.exe with -? or -h for a list of commandliney stuff. And go set up some server. Yay. The example there sets up a server called "Server that is mine!", running on port 4321. It uses the sumo mod, each match lasts 60 frames, and each turn 2.

"Server that is mine!" is put in "-things because it consists of several words: If the mod you wanna use is called "mod that is no good.tbm" you probably have to put that in quote-thingies as well. Etc.

Also, no, you don't have to include the .exe-extension when starting toribash_server.exe. You're not saving any time by leaving it out, as you can type 't' and press tab a few times for stuff to be typed for you. Automagically. Yey.

That about it. Unless there something else as well. <-- logics!
This is a learning experience!

I'm sure with that method people would experience problems with flags (such as they want DQ and Fracture, no DM).

Could you tell us how that works? Onegai sensei?
Q = QUAKER OATS