ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
duel grace period
hi, my name is name but you can call me daddy.

I'm here to suggest, as the title suggests, a duel grace period. This is not a new feature, rather an addition to the rules.

What I am suggesting is if a person is unable to finish a first to X duel/best of X duel immediately, then there should be a one time, grace period for the person to come back and continue the duel rather than the person being forcibly forfeited. I think that this would be a nice addition to the rules being that I've been fucked over by this in the past and this has also been somewhat of a problem recently.

Best regards
~ Daddy
i think this would be ok but only if the other person agrees to it because the timing of this grace period could be a problems for lets say if it were late at night for one person and not the other but if you have to go or are not in a postion that you know you will be able to finish the duel why are you dueling
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Grace periods should be agreed on beforehand. assuming you mean 24 hours and up. 5-30 minutes seem fair.

What you CAN do is think about whether you have enough time to finish a duel if you're going to duel high stakes.
as someone who duels high stakes all the time, you cant possibly account for every variable. theres always something that may make you have to stop for a second whether it be internet troubles or some sort of emergency.

It is a option to agree upon a grace period, but it would be way easier if there was a rule stating people have up to 30 minutes to join back and continue the duel. It would be annoying to have to have a list of things to say before every single duel when there can just be a rule set on it.
ok
Originally Posted by Shockey911 View Post
as someone who duels high stakes all the time, you cant possibly account for every variable. theres always something that may make you have to stop for a second whether it be internet troubles or some sort of emergency.

It is a option to agree upon a grace period, but it would be way easier if there was a rule stating people have up to 30 minutes to join back and continue the duel. It would be annoying to have to have a list of things to say before every single duel when there can just be a rule set on it.

What if the other person can't duel in 30min? Or when you get back what then
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
then the grace period can be up to 24 hours (which would account for time zone differences) and the two players would be made to continue as soon as both are on and after one has contacted the other. If neither are able to continue the duel within said 24 hours, then the win is given to whoever the staff see tried to continue the duel the most or something like the duel goes to whoever was winning/a cancellation of the duel if score is a tie. Basically the decision would be case by case and up to whoever is handling the report.
Originally Posted by Shockey911 View Post

How often do you have internet problems? You should be able to determine if you have time to play a duel, like i have time to play a 40 minute ranked game of league.
Originally Posted by Proke View Post
then the grace period can be up to 24 hours (which would account for time zone differences) and the two players would be made to continue as soon as both are on and after one has contacted the other. If neither are able to continue the duel within said 24 hours, then the win is given to whoever the staff see tried to continue the duel the most or something like the duel goes to whoever was winning/a cancellation of the duel if score is a tie. Basically the decision would be case by case and up to whoever is handling the report.

The average dueler is not going to want to do a duel that lasts more than 20 minutes to finish. I don't see this being used at all other than the most likely case where your opponent decides to use that to his excuse for leaving the duel ;doing what he wants with his TC/items after he is 0-2 in a first to 3 game. 24 hours is excessive, I believe that staff is already polite about allowing duelers to continue at a later time (around 10-20 minutes)
I agree with a lot of the people above, I don't really see this as a rule that
would help things run smoothly. While this could help in some cases I think
it would mostly just be abused as stated above by wuyyy. I mean you could
just put it down as a soft rule that can be enforced by staff in reportsif both
parties agree to it prior. Though if one of the participating members doesn't
want to agree then it would be treated as it normally is.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •