Ranking
Original Post
[TEX] Another Cartoon Head
Ok, I finished this head like today or yesterday, I tried doing different hair and face but no one seems to be interested, I tried making quite a few different (ish) cartoon heads and even one robotic one and it never works.
Here it is:

So...
1: Could someone tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong with my heads?
2: Obviously to the stage where I can start selling these heads easier, I need to improve a lot, so if you know anyone who could teach me texturing, then please tell me. (I use GIMP btw, but there isn't a huge difference between GIMP and PS as far as I'm aware anyway.)
Tint is sex.
1. Hair is very, very bad. Too shiny, and there is a random streak of hair hanging over the right eye.
2. You can barely see the eyes! And there is a mass of black where they should be, care to explain that?
3. No mouth; try adding a small mouth that shows he has no emotion or he's very sad.

Thats all I have to say...

YOU HAVE POTENTIAL, USE IT!!!
Well, to be honest, I tried to take this guy's advice (forgot his name, let's just say he's epic at texturing) on the hair, thisi s my first time doing hair and trying to make it have like shading and highlights, I agree that the highlights are too bright, but being honest, this is the best hair I've ever done. It also has a layer underneath and another one to make it match the eyes a little more.
The eyes are just nothing to explain 'cause I simply just did 2 black circles, make them smoother and smudged them up, it's just meant to look somewhat scary or as you said emotionless.
I decided not to make it a mouth because without a mouth it is as emotionless as it can be I'd say.

Once I get more CnC, I will take all the advice and change this head, thank you for the post.
Tint is sex.
Sharp hairlines with smudgy hair doesn't really work properly, especially with that shape.
Make some sort of eyes, it will look better. I also have problems making decent eyes, but just practice on it and it will come out later.
What's that random black there? It look really bad, no matter what it is.
Maybe you're pushing it too far, try something a bit easier.
Also theres a seam, and i remember when you made simple kickass textures back in the day, what happened to that stuff? ;o
It's All About Expansion
you're right, there is a seam xD
I like this tons better than the others, but I did notice how much more I sold back then I really don't know, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like the old stuff and who does like the new stuff.
Could you link me the heads that you did like please? I need to see which ones you like.
Tint is sex.
I can't really tell if there is a face or not, and what is going on.

The head itself looks a lot like the deerslayer (I think taht was his name) styled head, there's just hair and a shadow where the face is supposed to be.
The hair isn't that good, as some of the hair is going UNDER the shadow, where the shadow seems to need to be under the hair.
I like those styles of heads, but the hair really needs to make the head look good, as it's just hair and shadow.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
I darkened the hair, not made it go under the black, simply because the hair was too light to suit it.
It's not just hair and shadow, the skin has a little bit of texture on it and one part of the skin changes colour, and there are many layers of hair.
Tint is sex.