Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
I read this pretty closely and tbh it seems like it'll work. The whole thing about not factoring out inactives was really fucking scary but seeing the list of clans that failed and that 50% thing you were talking about, it's fine with me

however
has there been any thought put into the deofficial meaning you have to get active using just one thread?
there was an event that made clans unofficial if they didn't place first
obey enter and didnt win, which was fine
the fact that we only had one thread all of a sudden killed us though, the only reason we got active again is because we invited some ally's to the clan to basically post nonsense convos until we got official again
once that happened, we all got back into it

having just one thread made things really bad though, don't you think it's just making things even harder for clans struggling and actually trying to get back?
-----
also there's still the issue of when you kill a clan with some godlike kinda inactive player in it (that still hangs around), they tend to just quit the game for good (where is Nuthug and Oblivion now?)

are you sure this is a benefit to the game and community
Last edited by Hattersin; Jul 7, 2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
PM me with any and all questions
Well an easy fix to a simple problem would be to make forum and in game activity worth the same, so instead of it being 75/100 for in game and 25/100 for forum activity points make it 50/50 so in game activity can pass a clan and forum activity can pass a clan.

Seeing how many clans are on the warning/failed list are mostly forum active and how very few official clans are In game active, seeming most of the activity in game is unofficial clans or clanless people. You can do /sa [ and hardly see official clans some days, so trying to force in game activity on paper sounds good and has a good motive, in practice it doesn't work seeming people have lives, and tb probably for most people is such a little thing in their life compared to seeing friends, working and etc.
[Parrot], [Alpha], [Parrot], [WAPOW]
[NOoT], [TL] and [TA]
Clan League 2016 2nd place holder.
Clan League 2017 1st place holder.
As the Leader of Aeon i want to give you guys my thoughts on this..

You forced me to play 5 games today thx for that...
and now I wonder if even the Clan squad members do that or did that in the last weeks..
Or even any other Staff Group (beside ES).

If 31 Official Clans Fail this should show you
that either
1. the criteria are to harsh
or
2. Clans aren't that Active anymore as most of them have a Discorde Server and play more than just TB

Also i hate the Idea of giving points for Clan War stuff...
We (Aeon) for example never did a real CW so no pooins for Aeon
Oh and yeah if we find a way to dodge this we never will

And ofc thanks for making us Kick Inactiv MEMBERS we love and that are a part of Aeon!!!
This makes me rly sick

I'm sure most clans will finde a way to pass these tests or work around them and will be fine.

P.s.
Good luck Duck I hope you can manage to fulfill you wish to butcher clans and be the NEXT BIG THING in the Clan part of the Forum
Last edited by TheAnimal; Jul 7, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
<Aeon><Master Belt><Gamers Inc.><RMO><GERMAN Unibash Manager>
^-^Join My Fan Club^-^Aeon Elite Video^-^
Join Aeon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spaft|Vipertech|Chirs|Jormungandr|SocKeTe|threedog 2|Habeeb|SXDave
If you read this post, please ignore the fact that I am in a staff position. I have absolutely no idea of how does the Clan Squad work and I am not related to them in any way. Just think of me as a normal user.

"This kills 75 % of the clans!"
Yes, if a purge happened right now, they would all be killed off, definitely.
However, the time period is 3 months.
That's a long time, and you only need to play 5 games in a month.
Not 5 games every day as the above post may give such an image, but in a month.
That's only a bit more than one game a week, which you can get done by joining ES hosted events, checking out a fun mod, hanging around with friends, etc.
I don't see how this can kill 75 % of all clans, all of a sudden.

"We have to kick our beloved inactive members!"
I admit I'm not entirely sure what determines an "inactive member".
Is it simply the length of how long they have not logged in to the game?
Has it been weeks? Months? Years?
Are they inactive in the game only, and they still frequent the forums and/or Discord?
Does it matter if an inactive member is kicked out for being gone for a long time?
Especially if they gave no reason to their absence?
Not like everyone absolutely needs to give a reason.
Sometimes other things start interesting a person more than Toribash, and it just happens.
If they come back, they can just ask to join back.
If they're your friends, I'm sure they wouldn't be offended, no?
I don't see the problem here.

"Our members come to Toribash forums only to check their clan and friends!"
There are better alternatives for get-togethers than a forum board.
Discord is a tool used especially for that!
And it's good at it, too.
If they have no desire to play Toribash, then indeed it is meaningless to try to force them to play Toribash to show their activity.
Thus, wouldn't it be wiser to make a Discord server where no restrictions are in place?
Or IRC, if that's more your thing?
There definitely are alternatives.

"They want people to become more active because Toribash is dying!"
Ahh, there definitely are better solutions than that.
That's why the staff group I'm in, the Event Squad, is here, after all!
I'm certain they aren't that desperate to get people to be active.
Besides, for a dying community, getting more people to play the game should be the goal, not forcing current members to play.
The yet unknown public is a far larger market than the feeble amount of players we have right now.

I just feel using words such as "blackmail" is taking the problem way out of proportions.
As for worries about Alpha and [T], this is just me, but I think those clans are already legend material as they are.
this still seems like a desperate attempt to make people actually play the game more and i have a feeling it'll do the exact opposite cause most of the older players are already bored of the game because the game itself hasnt changed in any way for over 10 years and they only come back to the forums to check up on the friends they had or still have here

now what happens when these people come back to check out what's going on in their clans and they see they're being killed or have already been killed for not playing the game enough?? do you think they'll suddenly start playing a game they're already tired to death of? or do you think they'll just abandon the game forever and find some other way to stay in touch with people like discord

feels like these guys are using your platform to hang out with friends and have fun every now and then instead of actively playing the game and you're yelling get off my lawn at them and probably expecting to get more ingame activity as a result somehow

getting rid of people who don't play the game as much as you want won't suddenly make active people appear out of nowhere
8===D
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
"This kills 75 % of the clans!"
Yes, if a purge happened right now, they would all be killed off, definitely.
However, the time period is 3 months.
That's a long time, and you only need to play 5 games in a month.
Not 5 games every day as the above post may give such an image, but in a month.
That's only a bit more than one game a week, which you can get done by joining ES hosted events, checking out a fun mod, hanging around with friends, etc.
I don't see how this can kill 75 % of all clans, all of a sudden.

[...]

I just feel using words such as "blackmail" is taking the problem way out of proportions.
As for worries about Alpha and [T], this is just me, but I think those clans are already legend material as they are.

I think you're missing the point. Nobody is saying it's "hard" to play 5 games a month in the sense that we canno't possibly do it, what people mean is that they don't want to.
Forcing people to play just to keep their clan board that they spent years of their life on keeping is just a cheap attempt to extort activity out of a dying community.
If you want to increase activity, how about rewarding activity and not punishing inactivity even further? Daily rewards was a step in the right direction, this is two steps back.

"We have to kick our beloved inactive members!"
I admit I'm not entirely sure what determines an "inactive member".
Is it simply the length of how long they have not logged in to the game?
Has it been weeks? Months? Years?
Are they inactive in the game only, and they still frequent the forums and/or Discord?
Does it matter if an inactive member is kicked out for being gone for a long time?
Especially if they gave no reason to their absence?
Not like everyone absolutely needs to give a reason.
Sometimes other things start interesting a person more than Toribash, and it just happens.
If they come back, they can just ask to join back.
If they're your friends, I'm sure they wouldn't be offended, no?
I don't see the problem here.

That's a very ironic point coming from somebody in [NO], since you don't have to worry about activity checks, you don't have to clean out your toriclan.

Would the leaders of [NO] be willing to clean out their entire clan of inactive people? We don't keep inactive people in our toriclans simply because we're too lazy
to reinvite them if they would come back, we keep them around as a reminder of our clans past and influential members. I'm sure your clan is no different.

"Our members come to Toribash forums only to check their clan and friends!"
There are better alternatives for get-togethers than a forum board.
Discord is a tool used especially for that!
And it's good at it, too.
If they have no desire to play Toribash, then indeed it is meaningless to try to force them to play Toribash to show their activity.
Thus, wouldn't it be wiser to make a Discord server where no restrictions are in place?
Or IRC, if that's more your thing?
There definitely are alternatives.

You're seem to at this point completely argue against what this rework of activity checks is actually supposed to accomplish (I think). Of course this forum isn't the only thing
connecting most clans, what people are arguing is that this initiative is going to push even more people away from the forums if they make it such a hassle to keep your clan board.
This is simply not how you revive a community or encourage interaction with the game the community is based on. So you saying "there are alternatives" is literally saying "get off our lawn".

"They want people to become more active because Toribash is dying!"
Ahh, there definitely are better solutions than that.
That's why the staff group I'm in, the Event Squad, is here, after all!
I'm certain they aren't that desperate to get people to be active.
Besides, for a dying community, getting more people to play the game should be the goal, not forcing current members to play.
The yet unknown public is a far larger market than the feeble amount of players we have right now.

You're right, there are better solutions to make the community become more active.

So why are we doing this? Imo the old activity checks, while certainly not perfect, were working fine with weeding out completely dead clans.

With this rework, the bar for what constitutes an "active" clan has been raised so high that literally most of the clans right now would not qualify, and if you think that's more a statement
on the status of the community rather than misguided standards, then I don't know what you're talking about.
After most clans become official this is what happens, they "fall asleep," and are not able to maintain a bit of ingame activity. Wtf...

Just keep your forum activity and play a few games a month, isn't that hard in my opinion.

After all, this is a game. (don't kill me please i'm only 8 cute cute ^-^)
Last edited by Yoda; Jul 7, 2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: ^^
Undead
Staff : hi we are staff and we dont want your clans to be inactive, we’ve ignored the fact that you might not have access to a pc for a long period of time and the fact that you may be away for a long period of time because we want new clans to flourish. We arent that sorry but if it makes you feel better you have our condolences.

Players : we dont like this

Staff : \_(ツ)_/¯ too bad so sad. Here are legendary clans
Last edited by lily; Jul 7, 2018 at 10:23 PM.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
If you read this post, please ignore the fact that I am in a staff position. I have absolutely no idea of how does the Clan Squad work and I am not related to them in any way. Just think of me as a normal user.

This infuriates me. Duck, if you (because I’m finding it really hard to believe that a decent amount of people are actually behind you on this) want to direct Clan members back to the game, why have there been no clan events since last year (Correct me if I’m wrong there)?

Do you staff members ever actually speak to each other? I’m finding it really hard to believe you do. I’m fine if the Event Squad team want to weeb out and host 3 Art events and a replay making event, but I’m sure theres some space in that busy busy schedule for clan events.

You cannot say it doesn’t work- I don’t know if you’ve been in game recently, but the overwhelming amount of returning old players that have come back to activity for the upcoming clan league would probably be the first thing you’d notice if you did look around.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb