Ranking
Original Post
Toribash colors are a mess.
Have you ever put on your

And people have been like "Is that Vampire?"

me neither, I can't afford superior. but people face this problem every day. in fact, one person struggles with this problem every 2 minutes.
So I've decided to come up with a way to separate the rich from the poor. the pros from the filth. When I put on a 250k colour, I want it to scream 250k TC colour.

This photo is a quick explanation. T1 stands for Tier 1 (newbies)

benefits:
-There will be many more colours in TB, including the previous ones.
-The higher Tier colours look brighter and shinier. when the low tier colours look dull and either dark or light.
-It gives new players more long term goals, possibly making them stick around.
-etc.

FAQ:
How would we take back the items that players currently have?
just give them the TC back. they will be forced to buy the new colors so the TC will sink right back.

Let me know what you don't understand.

Last edited by Mafi; Nov 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Colors that are expensive in the shop aren't just expensive because the color is "cooler". The case with Superior (or Alpha Imperial, which is pretty much identical) is that the color was a prize for Parrot when they won Clan Battle Royale - they chose the color on their own and it was later put in the shop at a high price to stay somewhat exclusive. Yes, it does look similar to some other reds (just as Alpha Imperial looks very close to Imperial) - but that was the choice made by Parrot and the color isn't going to be altered because we think it'd "look more fun" with some other settings.

What you describe is pretty much the same deal as comparing luxurious clothing brands with something you can grab at your nearest mall - it may look similar, but one would have "Balenciaga" label and the other one would be something ordinary.

Toribash colors system definitely did get cluttered after more than 13 years of the game's existence, TBN will likely use a completely different one. What you suggested is somewhat close to what we had in mind, but there has been no decision made yet.

also please don't use custom font colors it makes stuff impossible to read on new forum themes