ES Recruitment Drive
Be fucking for real kikipro, no way people will shrug it off. This is a stupid idea of trying to u ban these word. We live in a society damnit we're not animals.
#INIT2WINIT
Originally Posted by The7thVoid View Post
Be fucking for real kikipro, no way people will shrug it off. This is a stupid idea of trying to u ban these word. We live in a society damnit we're not animals.

People will start shrugging it off and explaining that they aren't comfortable with the use of a word after the opposite party isn't guaranteed a ban for mild racism. I hope at some point people will just be able to talk to each other without a report being thrown out for every little offensive thing thats spoken. People are sensitive because our system allows it, and unbanning the word "nigger" is one step closer to a reasonable system.
Is it really so hard to believe that people could be civil on the internet?
I think I might be retired.
When is the term "nigger" ever necessary to use like really. The word was created to be used as a put down. There are many other words a person can use besides that word
#INIT2WINIT
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
Honestly I think the entire idea of banned words is ridiculous. I don't believe that words, or even opinions (for example Cowmeat's "I hate all Muslims" thing) should be banned outright. I believe that anyone should be able to say and express just about anything, and that everyone else should also be able to judge them according to what they say and express - if somebody is a racist homophobic twit, everyone else is more than welcome to not want to associate with that person. That being said, harassment should still be punished. There's a huge difference between saying "I hate Muslims" or "put the niggers back in the cotton fields" or "God hates fags" or any of that, and actively singling out and harassing members of those minority groups. Let people say and express whatever they want, just don't let them bully others because of their own prejudices.

Originally Posted by cowmeat
It's a barbaric faith of murderers and bigots that only an idiot or a monster could participate in (or someone who doesn't have a choice).

don't be foolish, picked my words incorrectly in the infraction message but do you think it's okay to say that shit? he got a one point infraction for that from me.

one point. but, let's not derail the thread if you honestly believe that he should not have been infracted for that genuinely, PM me with your reasoning.

-------

stopped posting for a while because no one was reading what I was saying and just trying to push their agenda of ban all offensive words or let everyone say nigger publicly because freedom of speech. which is plain stupid.

you can cry "it's the internet" all you want, but it's also a games' community trying to uphold a standard of behavior. what other game do you know where you can say nigger in any context and not be reprimanded?

the fact of the matter is how you should act publicly. it's general decency to not use racial slurs. we get it, you're making a joke using the word nigger. just don't do it in public servers or on the forums. how is that too much to ask of the community? are you that jaded and selfish that you need to have the ability to say nigger jokes in a public setting? and those of you comparing the word to faggot etc., the same goes for them. it's just that it is not often reported of someone using faggot in a public server. which means at the time no one felt it was wrong for that person to use that word. however when nigger comes around being reported in public servers, which it often does, action get taken. if someone says something to you report it. context will always be taken into account but that doesn't mean because it was use less 'aggressively' that you wont be punished.

use these words wisely, and say them appropriately at the appropriate time. which is in a private server. across the board if someone reports something being said whether it be nigger, faggot, whatever they are liable to punishment even though they have the freedom of speech. freedom of speech does not exempt you from punishment. saying that 'this is the internet' does not exempt you from punishment on a forum community with rules. this isn't 4chan or reddit. it's toribash.

if you have a problem with the word faggot being used in the form where the context would be defined with the derogatory definition. report it.
the problem with the word nigger, is that it doesn't have a separate meaning other than the slang nigga. so when nigga is used it's less likely to have a ban connected to it unless you're saying "fuck you nigga" (which is more likely what happens) in which case rather than having the ban be placed as racism it might warrant an infraction of harrassing, insulting other members, or inappropriate language depending on the moderator.

when someone is saying nigger, the definition of nigger is always that of the derogatory connotation. so it's hard to justify in my opinion unless it's a discussion like this. even as a joke, it's not okay to say and you should know that if you say it in a public server you are liable to get reported and receive a punishment due to that report.
good note to end this thread on. I'm going to go ahead and call it. the remaining arguments are pretty circular and I think this thread has lived past its purpose. we will be discussing the issue as a staff team and will update the community once we reach a decision.