Toribash
Original Post
this is getting rediculous
now i'm well aware that this is done and dealt with, we're past the arguments and everything is settled, but it's not settling too well.

everyone knows the nature of racial slurs are offensive... but is anyone actually getting offended over shit like this?

the fact that the guy said that "only black people can say that" is more offensive than the word itself.

if you're going to ban people for this, don't make the ban reason "racism." racism is not saying, "nigga." not trying to be a shithead here, but it's pretty easy to tell if it's racism by looking at context.

that?
nobody finds that offensive.

the only problem here was that he was spamming. i also find it amazing, how in his report, he called the "racist" a

but he didn't receive a week vacation?

if you're going to ban people, ban them for using racial slurs.

pacquiao
Oh Jeez, here we go again.

I agree with this and all, but we just talked about this recently. Didn't we? This was brought up in the other thread. Administrators are cracking down harder on racism, like they said they were. Even if the word is "Nig" "Nigga" "Nigger", it will be taken as racism, because they don't want anyone being offended, even though it was obvious in your second picture shouldn't be offensive at all.

I am surprised we can't say that. Yet, "cunt", "fuck", "shit", etc. are okay. Also dumbfounded how that one dude didn't get into trouble for racism.

So basically, This issue won't change, regardless of how easy it is to see which is meant to be offensive, and the which isn't.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
it's strange that words with racist origins like nigger are so controlled yet sexist, homophobic or any other prejudiced terms get ignored pretty much every time from what I've seen(although this is changing recently).

being genuinely accused of racism is seen as such a terrible thing in society that it's hard to make jokes about it without someone misinterpreting them and getting really butthurt.
We've already gone over why this is dumb, and there were many threads already made about it. The rules on this are so fucked up that you could probably get infracted/banned for making this thread.

I'm pretty sure that staff said they would do something about it. All we really have the power to do is hope that happens so that stupid shit like this stops happening.
Glimpsed
that guy should have been banned for use of racial slurs rather than racism.

rules on this are pretty clear

not exactly discussion material
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.