people playing: 83, servers online: 31, games played: 135,860,397 Top Player: Shmevin

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Computer/Mobile Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017   #31
@DruggedPanda
MARKET WARRIOR

6th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
i have no idea what any of that meant explain it a bit simpler? like i said first pc, no real clue on what i'm doing.

Basically overclocking is making your CPU run faster for a "boosted" performance. K - series processors have the ability to be overclocked out of their manufacturer set frequency. In this case, 4.0 GHZ. Say you overclock it to 4.5 GHZ, you get a slightly boosted performance than non-overclocked 4.0 GHZ i7-6700k would originally give.

However, If you're not comfortable messing with all that I would just let it be.
That motherboard though should have some sort of auto-overclock button/function added onto it though. That ASUS would deem safe/doable on most/all CPUs.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/...-cpu-cooler-h7

I personally have this CPU cooler, was a little hard to put on myself but was manageable. Also was able to overclock my i5-6600k from 3.5 GHZ to 4.3 GHZ, but I found that some high rendering processes were a little bit unstable so I put it down to 4.1 GHZ where it's very stable.

[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Old Feb 8, 2017   #32
BigDog

10th Dan Black Belt

thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it, if any of you wish to contact me more do it over my discord clan or pm, thanks again, much love!
Closed Thread