people playing: 152, servers online: 47, games played: 136,913,092 Top Player: dead4your

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Computer/Mobile Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017   #1
Ezeth
Item Frogger

3rd Dan Black Belt

Gaming keyboard recommendations?
Hi, I'm looking for a keyboard for RTS gaming (starcraft) without numpad. I want it to be as small and silent as possible (while still being practical)
Any suggestions?
Old Aug 22, 2017   #2
hawkesnightmare
WHERE'S MY DRINK?!

10th Dan Black Belt

Take a look at Corsair's K65 and K63 series of keyboards, all without the numpad. I'm not sure which switches are quiet and which ones aren't, so a bit of research will be needed there.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Old Aug 22, 2017   #3
Surge

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

cherry mx red are quietest
Old Aug 23, 2017   #4
Immotay
The avatar is a boy, fyi.

Master Belt

I'm using a corsair k65 and I'm pretty happy with it, its quite silent (as silent as a mechanic keyboard can be)

Downside so far is that it has an alluminum plate so you might experience some static shocks here and there.

Otherwise the keyboard is small (no numpad) It's not exactly lightweight but it isnt heavy, has a detachable cable so in case you want to carry it on your backback it helps a bit.

and the layout is simple, if you value that as much as I do, no leds or blinking colors :P
Old Aug 23, 2017   #5
Ezeth
Item Frogger

3rd Dan Black Belt

I looked around a bit, and k65 looks like the better option out of the TKL keyboards, but I cant seem to find a non-rgb version with nordic key layout :O not fan of paying 50$ extra for lights, I really dont care about lights.
Old Aug 23, 2017   #6
hawkesnightmare
WHERE'S MY DRINK?!

10th Dan Black Belt

Look for the K63. It still glows, but only in red. I don't know about detachable cables or keyboard layout, but it does have Cherry MX Red switches.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Old Aug 25, 2017   #7
Immotay
The avatar is a boy, fyi.

Master Belt

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
but I cant seem to find a non-rgb version with nordic key layout

not sure about non rgb, but I think that you can use the US layout and set windows to use an international layout like I do (I'm brazilian so I need ç á ä, à etc, and I can do it just fine if I set my keyboard layout settings as portuguese international, so there should be a similar settings that allows you to type everything just fine)

Take a great look on your windows settings, see if anyone in your country or someone who speaks the same language uses keyboards with US layouts. I mean, its very likely possible, just will take some time getting used to, as some keys might change its places.
Old Aug 25, 2017   #8
Ezeth
Item Frogger

3rd Dan Black Belt

yeah bought the K63, it was a lot cheaper. Thanks for the recommendations.
Closed Thread