Ranking
Original Post
Flame Particle Textures?
So, you see, I want a flame. Not just any flame, but one that makes AwesomeFaces fly out of my right hand.

Originally Posted by Magix View Post
Flame particle textures

This is a bit different then the other textures. First of all, you need a flame item for this to work. The size is the same for this texture - 128*128. What it does is it adds transparency to your flame - black is transparent and white is visible. So what you can basically do is change the shape of your flame - if you draw a big heart on your texture, the flame will be full of hearts, etc. You can usually not change color with this texture, but on some rare occasions it's possible, depending on the flame you have.

What color flame will allow me to have this fly out of my hand if I also equip a particle texture with the awesomeface in black and white? Yellow?

Also, what happens if I just use the awesomeface as a flame particle texture? Will the flame change to the picture?

I've seen people with custom pictures as their flames (OK, I've seen one, who had a square picture of lightning everywhere. It was purple and white and black and shades inbetween). So, it's possible, right?
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.
you need a void flame, you can then get a particle texture and put awesome faces on it.

only void flames can be colored by their particle textures, at least that's what i've been told... otherwise you can try to use colors in the particle texture, but it will just end up being the flame color.
◕ ◡ ◕ [VIP]
Thank you for the quick reply. I hope it works.

EDIT: Turns out that every color allows a custom pic. It's just that the flame color will affect the particle texture.
For a custom picture as a flame particle, the picture's colors have to be inverted.
Last edited by GuardianDuo; Nov 9, 2009 at 01:38 AM.
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.