Ranking
Original Post
[MUS] Classical Piano Piece
So I've been playing piano for like, 12 years now, and I decided that I'd actually try to write something. I made this a while ago, but I didn't want anybody to steal it, so I was hesitant to upload it to the internet. But, I decided now that it's pointless to make a song that nobody will listen to.

Here it is, it was my first classical piece I've ever made, and my first piece that I've actually written sheet music for.

I had to quit playing piano this year due to school, and so I'm really rusty. Don't expect me to post a live play of the song (I can't even play it right now lol) XD

I used noteflight.com to make the sheet music and get the midi file.
It's made for piano (duh).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gp...z/Allegro1.mid

Sorry about the mediafire link, TB forums doesn't accept midi files.
-----
if it asks, open it in Windows Media Player
Last edited by SkyWhale; Jun 7, 2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Though classical piano isn't the kind of style that i normally listen to, i have to say, this is good man; it has a nice beat do it and it's fast so it'll keep people with low attention spans close, though I don't feel it had much of a kind of, emotion if you will that'd normally make me feel something. As a whole though, I think it was good, is it your first time composing a song and using sheet music and is classical your go to style or piano (that meaning if someone asks you to play a song, do you instantly slip into a classical song)?
Tim is bae :3
Well, any time I've ever made a song, I was just messing around on the piano. I didn't write sheet music for it, and I usually forgot it by the next day. Generally, I'd follow a slower tempo and major keys. But, when I started making this song on the computer, I found myself sticking with minor keys, and a fast tempo. As I kept going, it ended up sounding very classical rather than a nice, pretty contemporary piece.

Though, I haven't actually written a full song before (except for this one). All the other times it was just intros to songs that I'd forget the next day anyway.
does the volume go up and down or is the velocity just weird? either way, really enjoyable, i would totally play this for practice on a slower tempo since im pretty terrible at piano. nice job
oh yeah
The tempo is 100bpm throughout the composition, and the volume goes up and down. The crescendo/diminuendo pattern would sound a lot nicer on a real piano, but alas, the midi file doesn't quite give it justice.

I'm glad you guys like the piece
Yeah. Trying to mimic a crescendo/diminuendo with a MP3 or Midi isn't really possible by any means. This is pretty good, but the key sounds a bit inconsistent at some points.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
i've always enjoyed piano
but for me this piece has no real mood to it
most pieces bring along sadness, excitement, anger and tons of other emotions
i'm not entirely sure if that's because of how it was recorded but to me i feel nothing
now, is it still impressive? sure, writing music is difficult and i applaud your song
lovely display of talent without any unnecessary notes or tricks

keep writing and try recording it as a different file type
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again