people playing: 60, servers online: 22, games played: 142,120,843 Top Player: Karstnator

Toribash Community » Toribash » Mods
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Oct 7, 2018   #1
Ronan

5th Dan Black Belt

RONAN.TBM
I have created a new modification, a variation on the popular aikidobigdojo that has been the stable of competitive play for years upon years.

My intentions when creating this modification was intended to significantly reduce all aspects of luck involved in the original version, so that it more closely resembles a game of chess due to variables outside the players control being drastically reduced.

I will now details the changes and give reasoning to why they were implemented / removed.

First of all, the most important change - dismemberment and fracture has been disabled. I believe players having full control over their body at all times reduces the luck aspect of the seemingly random fracture / dismemberment system in play, which isn't really helpful in determining the player with higher skill.

Secondly, the reaction time has been changed to 60 seconds. This gives the player more time to analyse, predict, create crazy saves and much more. I believe this will allow players more time to truly innovate on the spot, instead of relying on muscle memory and panic to set up their next move.

Turnframes have been edited, added around six sets of 20 frames to allow for small adjustments and precise attacks at the start of the game. The frames then increase to six sets of 35, then to four sets of 40, then 50 until the game ends.

Total matchframes have been increased to 1000 from the original 500, to lessen the frequency of pointholding and allowing for the opponent with less points to gain them back or disqualify the opponent.

Dojosize has been slightly increased, to counter the strength of lifting due to shorter turnframes at the beginning.

In summary, its purpose is to be a more competitive version of aikidobigdojo - with less aspects of luck involved.

Attached Files
File Type: tbm ronan.tbm (846 Bytes, 3 views)

Last edited by pouffy; Oct 7, 2018 at 04:02 PM..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018   #2
$Core
Strongest Core

Master Belt

Damn , this makes Aikido more fun dude
Nice work <3
Oi Lads
Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018   #3
pouffy
<cocacobra> hes like an

7th Dan Black Belt

Hi, i added an image of the mod to your post

I think you probably succeeded at making the mod more predictable and competitive, but imo you achieved that by making major sacrifices to playability and just how fun the mod is.

Normally when people set out to do something like this, they also make attempts to reduce the "cheeses" in the mods and also compensate the increased predictability by adding some sort of element that makes the mod more difficult, so it balances out playability.

I do think it's awesome tho, and I look forward to you hopefully doing more modmaking

pouffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018   #4
Ronan

5th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by pouffy View Post
Hi, i added an image of the mod to your post

I think you probably succeeded at making the mod more predictable and competitive, but imo you achieved that by making major sacrifices to playability and just how fun the mod is.

Normally when people set out to do something like this, they also make attempts to reduce the "cheeses" in the mods and also compensate the increased predictability by adding some sort of element that makes the mod more difficult, so it balances out playability.

I do think it's awesome tho, and I look forward to you hopefully doing more modmaking

Thankyou for the feedback, pouffy! I appreciate it greatly. It may seem a long shot, but would you be interested in combing over the finer details with my modification that may be improved and working together to create a new version that balances a bridge between competitiveness and playability / fun?

I'm admittedly inexperienced at creating mods and a little guidance from an expert such as you would be amazing!

Thankyou ~ Ronan.
Old Oct 7, 2018   #5
Penguin

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Hack

You just stealed Ticux's idea...

Open

Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018   #6
Ronan

5th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
You just stealed Ticux's idea...

TIcux's idea? Mind elaborating for me please?
Old Oct 8, 2018   #7
Stance

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Budo

I really like the idea but i think having a higher reactiontime would just lower the skill needed to succeed in this mod. think about it like timed chess,m limited time adds an amount of B R A I N J U I C E needed to win against smarter players. I would also make the gravity a little higher to increase the lifting risk even more.
Join (Budo) Here --> Here
Stance is offline   Reply With Quote