ES Recruitment Drive
point is, we like gtboxing, we would like to have official room.
game is FLOODED with aikido and it's numerous clones.
just look at it:
1000 TC tourney aikidobigdojo
public server aikidobigdojo
public server aikido
ranked server aikidobigdojo
5 quick aikido servers!!!

not to mention whole swarm of its clones and all of them official mods.

i'm sure one of that servers can be replaced with gtboxing so we can have place to play everyday without painful process of hosting our own.

don't get me wrong, i dont have anything against aikido and such mods, but they are literally forced upon us.
gtboxing was ranked, was public and was 1000TC tourney once, i don't know why it was removed.
i also must complain on why is this thread put in "off-topic"
this is where communication with community happens and if you put it in "off-topic" it speaks for itself how much you listen to your community and how much you care.
BACIC
i agree. GTboxing is far superior to realtoriboxing and i think there deff needs more showings
Originally Posted by bacic View Post
point is, we like gtboxing, we would like to have official room.
game is FLOODED with aikido and it's numerous clones.
just look at it:
1000 TC tourney aikidobigdojo
public server aikidobigdojo
public server aikido
ranked server aikidobigdojo
5 quick aikido servers!!!

not to mention whole swarm of its clones and all of them official mods.

i'm sure one of that servers can be replaced with gtboxing so we can have place to play everyday without painful process of hosting our own.

don't get me wrong, i dont have anything against aikido and such mods, but they are literally forced upon us.
gtboxing was ranked, was public and was 1000TC tourney once, i don't know why it was removed.
i also must complain on why is this thread put in "off-topic"
this is where communication with community happens and if you put it in "off-topic" it speaks for itself how much you listen to your community and how much you care.

Although I agree with the sentiment of adding GTBoxing, removing an aikido based room is not the way forward as all of these rooms are very active. There are plenty of far better choices for rooms to remove.

Also off-topic is the perfect place for this thread because it doesnt fit in any other major boards I dont know whats wrong with off topic in your mind, but it is definitely the right place for this thread
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Although I agree with the sentiment of adding GTBoxing, removing an aikido based room is not the way forward as all of these rooms are very active.

i said nothing about removing aikido,
just look at these 5 quick aikido servers, always empty.

Also off-topic is the perfect place for this thread because it doesnt fit in any other major boards I dont know whats wrong with off topic in your mind, but it is definitely the right place for this thread

yes, because discussing about official toribash mods is so off topic.
first time i suggested official mod was in "suggestions and ideas" because i didn't know there is this thread in "off topic", it never crossed my mind thread like this would be in "off topic", doesn't make any sense.

not the way forward

only thing that is "not the way forward" here is not listening to your community, that toribash does persistantly.
this even doesn't feels like game community, it feels like some clan with some funny hierarchy that extends in all aspect of game.
that's why i'm not active on forums, but i am ingame.
and if you mess game up, what else is keeping us to stay?
Last edited by bacic; Mar 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM.
BACIC
just look at these 5 quick aikido servers, always empty.

I dont know your timezone dude but thats simply not true, there are many times where all 5 are full - thats why they were raised from 4 to 5

If you werent saying to remove aikido rooms why mention all of them or even mentoon them at all, dont tell me you going to say you werent even implying they should be replaced

Originally Posted by bacic
yes, because discussing about official toribash mods is so off topic.
first time i suggested official mod was in "suggestions and ideas" because i didn't know there is this thread in "off topic", it never crossed my mind thread like this would be in "off topic", doesn't make any sense.

Yes, it is off topic, I dont know why the sarcasm was needed. It makes perfect sense given that its not on any topic that would fit under any other board.

only thing that is "not the way forward" here is not listening to your community, that toribash does persistantly.
this even doesn't feels like game community, it feels like some clan with some funny hierarchy that extends in all aspect of game.
that's why i'm not active on forums, but i am ingame.
and if you mess game up, what else is keeping us to stay?

First off Im not staff anymore, im not sure whether you were asserting that I was or whether that was just the narrative you were using but Im not staff

Secondly the staff in this game does listen to its community, hence this threads existance and edits to rooms made because of this thread, as well as the suggestions and ideas board (leading to many big changes such as an entirely new client interface) and let me tell you that when I was a GM I did use a lot of community guidance to make a draft for a new ranking system that probably isnt going to be used now that matchmaking is here.

Youve gone off on a huge tangent about general staff heirarchies there so Im going to keep to relevent discussion and not answer that part
If you werent saying to remove aikido rooms why mention all of them or even mentoon them at all, dont tell me you going to say you werent even implying they should be replaced

yes, i am implying ONE of this FLOOD of aikido rooms or one ot it's numerous clones should be replaced with gtboxing.

Yes, it is off topic, I dont know why the sarcasm was needed. It makes perfect sense given that its not on any topic that would fit under any other board.

how about "suggestions and ideas?
that would be logical, especially since forum's search is DISABLED so ppl can't even check does somewhere on this big scattered illogical forum thread they are looking for even exists

First off Im not staff anymore, im not sure whether you were asserting that I was or whether that was just the narrative you were using but Im not staff

i don't know who staff is, probably because they are never around where needed, oh wait, they are busy banning newcomers who dont understand this complicated system yet.
staff is chosen by biased and not clear and not public methods.
more then 4 months ago i first posted, then 2 weeks ago, never got even fucking answer.
btw, first post with list of all official mods wasn't updated more then 1 year.

Secondly the staff in this game does listen to its community, hence this threads existance and edits to rooms made because of this thread, as well as the suggestions and ideas board (leading to many big changes such as an entirely new client interface) and let me tell you that when I was a GM I did use a lot of community guidance to make a draft for a new ranking system that probably isnt going to be used now that matchmaking is here.

i've been playing since 2009, staff never listened to community, NEVER.
suggestions and ideas are welcomed agressively and shameful.
most of staff is acting like feral dogs without any control.
and "hall of shame" existance is shame itself because it displays truthfully the nature of this community.
let's shame them.
whenever someone speaks publicly about this kind of stuff, it is quickly hushed because that guy is threat to existing elitistic rotten order.
BACIC
Secondly the staff in this game does listen to its community, hence this threads existance and edits to rooms made because of this thread, as well as the suggestions and ideas board .

Lets not state anything stupid here ok?

On the GTboxing matter, it's a fun mod. Even mildly competitive sometimes. People like playing it and I'm sure it would get mild to medium traffic. I see no reason why there wouldnt be an official room for that. I think it shouldn't be a ranked mod, but even that would be better than kickboxing.
Last edited by panttersin; Mar 5, 2016 at 02:53 PM.
Originally Posted by Trestet View Post
There is already Sumore, which is pretty much only skill based no luck at all.

Yeah, can't say it's not a competitive mod, but it doesn't have any relevance with gtboxing.

Originally Posted by panttersin View Post
Lets not state anything massively stupid here ok?

Staff members do listen to the community though. In fact, a lot of mods suggested here and approved to by staff are made into official mods. Same goes to suggestions on the ideas/suggestions boards, as mods supported by other members and staff eventually get implemented into the system.
yes, i am implying ONE of this FLOOD of aikido rooms or one ot it's numerous clones should be replaced with gtboxing.

little bit contradictory, but no, they shouldnt because they are very used. There are plenty of far better rooms to remove, again I agree gtboxing should be added but removing one of the rooms used the most is wrong.

how about "suggestions and ideas?
that would be logical, especially since forum's search is DISABLED so ppl can't even check does somewhere on this big scattered illogical forum thread they are looking for even exists

Originally Posted by Lazors
MODS AND SERVERS
Suggestions & Ideas are for game-related suggestions. Suggestions related to servers (public rooms, tourneys, quick servers etc) should be posted here.
If you, for example, want more aikido in public servers, you should post it in the above thread, and not in this board.

Yeah, thats why it doesnt fit there, its quite clearly stated and explained in the rules of that board, which if youre posting there you should have read.

i don't know who staff is, probably because they are never around where needed, oh wait, they are busy banning newcomers who dont understand this complicated system yet.
staff is chosen by biased and not clear and not public methods.
more then 4 months ago i first posted, then 2 weeks ago, never got even fucking answer.
btw, first post with list of all official mods wasn't updated more then 1 year.

Staff is pretty much always around, lets not turn this thread into a "lets bash the staff" thread.

Staff is definitely not chosen through biased methods, whereby they weigh up whether a candidate would do their job well in a given staff position, I know this since I have been staff. Your statement is untrue and very contradictory, you claim to "know" that the staff selection is biased yet in the same sentence say its not clear and not public, lets be honest you dont know enough in this are to be making accusations.

Your first 2 posts gave very little information and were unclear while also having completely false information such as
ppl actually play something that isn't dojo based like 99% mods nowdays.

. In addition just because action hasnt been taken on your post it doesnt mean it hasnt been read and acknowledged, just what you suggested wasnt seen as worth doing which is perfectly rational.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

suggestions and ideas are welcomed agressively and shameful.
and "hall of shame" existance is shame itself because it displays truthfully the nature of this community.
let's shame them.
whenever someone speaks publicly about this kind of stuff, it is quickly hushed because that guy is threat to existing elitistic rotten order.

Originally Posted by panttersin View Post
Lets not state anything massively stupid here ok?

Everything here is just to bash staff and if you wish to continue this discussion feel free to PM me its not worth messing up this thread.

But youre wrong and this:

is simply a lie, Ive given you examples which disprove this statement in literally the post before.

As for this

If you have an example or genuine complaint about staff post it in complaints about staff, I have a very strong feeling that you dont/wont and that you can back up very few of your statements.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

To get this thread back on track with official server mods:

-I suggest GTBoxing is added but not as a replacement
-I also suggest kickboxing public room is replaced with erthtkv2.tbm which does not currently have a public room which imo definitely needs fixing
Last edited by SmallBowl; Mar 5, 2016 at 03:04 PM.