Ranking
Original Post
Im Hosting the first Competitive spar tournament (I think)
Im planning on hosting a tournament based around Sparring / MAS.
More info soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Only thing that matters to me is if you Spend a lot of time crafting a system that prevents spam/twitch attackers, who break realism purposely.

I think "who wins" each fight should be determined by one Judge/Referee or multiple ones. Who watch the fights and knows good/clean fighting. Who wins can also based off of the replay afterwards in case judge(s) can't be present during the actual fight.

Because determining who wins based off points will lead exactly to spam/twitch moments you can't do anything about.

So if a twitcher gets a bunch of lame hits in, but the other fighter keeps his cool and lands some solid hits. The fighter who kept his cool would win, regardless of points. (But he would have to put in some offensive effort, because if you just stand there all calm, taking hits but still win, that's not fair)

And if you get a fight where not much fighting was done, say most attacks were dodged and not much offensive play from either side. Or one person runs away a lot. You'd call for a rematch or Round 2 with stricter rules, (Such as maybe points DO matter this time or two headshots equals instant win.) etc.

Also use a mod or have one made for immersion and Fun. If you need a referee/judge hit me up, I'd be interested in being apart of this project.

Discord: Matarika#5297

(also you should make the tournament use Original Toris, no modified Binklawz ones. More people know how to use those. Unless you do two separate Tourneys for MAS and XSpar)

I'm also available for video advertisement or posting fights and doing commentary on my Channel.

Goodluck
Last edited by matarika; Jul 28, 2018 at 02:07 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
Only thing that matters to me is if you Spend a lot of time crafting a system that prevents spam/twitch attackers, who break realism purposely.

I think "who wins" each fight should be determined by one Judge/Referee or multiple ones. Who watch the fights and knows good/clean fighting. Who wins can also based off of the replay afterwards in case judge(s) can't be present during the actual fight.

Because determining who wins based off points will lead exactly to spam/twitch moments you can't do anything about.

So if a twitcher gets a bunch of lame hits in, but the other fighter keeps his cool and lands some solid hits. The fighter who kept his cool would win, regardless of points. (But he would have to put in some offensive effort, because if you just stand there all calm, taking hits but still win, that's not fair)

And if you get a fight where not much fighting was done, say most attacks were dodged and not much offensive play from either side. Or one person runs away a lot. You'd call for a rematch or Round 2 with stricter rules, (Such as maybe points DO matter this time or two headshots equals instant win.) etc.

Also use a mod or have one made for immersion and Fun. If you need a referee/judge hit me up, I'd be interested in being apart of this project.

Discord: Matarika#5297

(also you should make the tournament use Original Toris, no modified Binklawz ones. More people know how to use those. Unless you do two separate Tourneys for MAS and XSpar)

I'm also available for video advertisement or posting fights and doing commentary on my Channel.

Goodluck

1) My Idea is to have a body point system so : Head +5 / Chest +2/ Abs, thighs, Back +1/ Chins, arms +0

2)we won't need to be present for the spar, just for the beginning just so we can approve that the spar they start will be used for the matchup. when they done, one of them will post us the replay and we would watch it.

3)Any unnatural like really non-sensible hits will not be counted and maybe even subtract points. with the point system, we will add it up just gather how many strikes were landed and where they landed. the winner will be the one with the most points.

4) So i was thinking of making this a yearly event or so cause id like to make a summary video of the tournament, which is where your skills and experience would come in hand. you can add commentary over replays which could be different like esports commentary, not like lesduncan. another idea would be streams and stuff yeah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well the point of having a Judge/ref there for the whole fight I figured could be to warn against continuous “nonsensible” hits before serious penalties are given. Like In a boxing match when a ref warns fighters before it gets too nonsensible before actual penalties are given.

Because what if the entire fight is nonsensible from both sides? Then you have to deal with rematching and determining the lesser of two nonsensible fighters.

Having a person there will help remind the fighters against nonsensible fighting, thus making a much more quality, clean, legal, overall fight with clear winners

I mean you can always warn them before, but people forget rules in the heat of a fight.

Leaving fighters to fight alone will only work if one of the two clearly is more sensible. Meaning he’ll win clearly.

But if both are nonsensible then you have a mess.

Idk maybe I’m over thinking it but, the last thing you want is complications.
Last edited by matarika; Jul 28, 2018 at 09:53 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
I agree with you on that, maybe we should have atleast one of us in the rooms. this event should last a week or 2. Also im thinking to have a max frames per replay obviously. also i added you on discord , if we could communicate there :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]