Toribash
Original Post
How to remove seams on head textures (GIMP)
OK i see TOO MUCH heads in the market with what i'm pretty sure are called 'seams' (a little transparent bit at the back of the head that looks nooby). SO, i use gimp, sorry for any photoshoppers who want to know how to do it, but im sure it would be sort of the same--->>>> here we go =]

BTW im not %100 sure that this solves the problem but it worked for me

FIRST you might need to know that the 'seams' are there because of transparency on the image or one of the layers

TO REMOVE IT:

1. if you make your texture and save it as jpg, png, etc. with all the layers separated (i.e. not merged) then look through the layers until you see a dotted line that's actually outside the canvas---looks like this:

if you merged all the layers then it should be there because one of the layers had it before you merged

2. stay on this layer and go to LAYER>AUTOCROP LAYER and just like magic the line disappears. If for some reason that doesn't work, try pressing CTRL+A or SELECT>ALL and then go LAYER>CROP TO SELECTION. If that doesn't work then i have absolutely no idea what the problem is...sorry

to see if its gone, of course, just make it into a new spinny head globe whatever you want to call it and check

HAPPY HEAD MAKING
hope this helped =]
Nice tutorial, this'll help beginning texturers.

By the way, an alternative would be going to Layer > Layer to Image Size
T1cux: clan have eggs.
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
By the way, an alternative would be going to Layer > Layer to Image Size

oh yeah that also works...thanks =]
*big breath in*....make your texture bla bla bla then make a thread on the 'market' board of the forums then put previews of whatever you're selling on the post and give prices and stuff then if someone is interested in buying get them to send you the toricredits and then look at http://forums.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=176411 to find out how to send them the texture and you should be right *heavy gasping like you would do after reading a very long sentence like that aloud*

yeah there are other tutorials for that btw

good luck =]