Toribash
Original Post
Laptop crashes all the time
Hi guys.

Everytime when I try to run any newer game (like Trackmania Nations or Garry's Mod) after some time it crashes and I have to reset my laptop because nothing else works. It's confusing because my laptop is quite good (I own Lenovo Y580). Reinstalling Windows didn't help.
Originally Posted by WorldEater
Garry's Mod

verify the game cache. steam will download some file and usually the problem is fixed
:D
Update your drivers, or, do above, but the thing is, that might only fix the problem for Garry's Mod. Also, Garry's Mod is actually a very old mod.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Check if your drivers are in order, if installed at all. Install Speedfan, look at your temps during games by alt+tabbing. I heard that the Y580 overheats quite often (that's why I refrained from buying it when I was shopping for a laptop), but your problem's nature won't be obvious without some testing.
I had a problem recently which related to my power supply turning my PC off when I tried to play any game. Since you're using a laptop, this may not be the case, and it probably isn't considering your computer isn't turning itself off.

Anyway, download Speedfan, like ynvaser said. Look at temps, and also take a screenshot of the voltages on the bottom part, below the temps.

Download Prime95 and run a stress test, may dictate if it's your CPU giving you troubles.