ES Recruitment Drive
One of the better affordable gaming laptops I've had the pleasure of using was probably the Gateway P-7811FX; it definitely gives you a lot of "bang for your buck". It's a bit costlier than your price range, about 1250 at retailers, but it is very powerful and should not have any trouble running newer games.

Specs
Processor: 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo P8400
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Storage: 200GB hard drive
Optical Drives: DVD±RW
Display: 17-inch TFT
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS (512MB)
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by Hopea View Post
What do you mean by "gaming". Playing some simple games or brand new epic graphic and physic engine games?

Gaming computers or laptops that have good fps on games
about 100+ fps
Originally Posted by Hopea View Post
It is cheaper and more effective. But, lets face it, the majority of people either don't know how to or are too lazy to first get all the parts (which must be compatible with eachother) and then put that together.
And if they could/would we'd have a lot less of small computer assembling/fixing companies, the kind of business I'm planning to start after I'm graduated.

You are correct, but i suppose it takes alot less effort with desktops than laptops anyway.
-Cough- I have this laptop and I play toribash at 61 fps :|, and I havent tryed many new gen gaes except Fallout 3 which ran perfectly, whith a few lagspikes
Originally Posted by Exie View Post
-Cough- I have this laptop and I play toribash at 61 fps :|, and I havent tryed many new gen gaes except Fallout 3 which ran perfectly, whith a few lagspikes

Is the 61 fps with shaders on or off?
Originally Posted by Snide_the_Clyde View Post
Ok so here is a computer i'm looking at that's in my price range.
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...ul80vt-a1.aspx
Here is the complete list of it's specs as well.
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=oJ2UcCTkGd6GG7Rs

So what i'm asking from you is to just take a look at it and tell me how well it is overall. I'll mainly be using it for school and gaming. And please, only reply if you know what you're talking about. Thank you in advance.

And if you have any other suggestions for a similar or better laptop in the same price range, please share.

Both of them are "OK", but with a better processor you would be set.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?