Toribash
Original Post
How would you change Toribash? Over 1 million TC worth of prizes!

EVENT OVER

How would you change Toribash?

Hey there. I'm quitting Toribash, and therefore need to find a home for all my items and TC. Due to my failure to sell my account, I've decided to host this event.

The aim of the event is to detail how you would change toribash if you were put in charge for a day. You need to identify the areas that need improvement in the game and the forums, and address them in your own work.

I want to let your imagination flow, so you can enter in any way you want. You can create a piece of art, write an essay, design a mod ir maybe even make a model. the choices are endless and I can guarantee I will make it worth your work. Who knows, maybe even the developers could learn from your ideas

The prizes

This event has perhaps the biggest prize pot ever in toribash history (correct me if i'm wrong!), with over 1,000,000TC overall being given away, via items, sets or just TC.

1st prize - 600,000TC

2nd prize - MY INVENTORY (worth around 500k)

3rd prize - this texture set and this head texture. (head made by zanzaba <3, set made by me)

Rules

No plagurism (copying other people's work)
My decision is final on the winners

This competition will end in two weeks, good luck!

Last edited by BirdFlu; Nov 17, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Quit, probably.
Wow this is a big event. Bird, you ever come back, I'll make you a new and improved head ;o
Hmmm, I'll have to think about this whole even.
Shin-Ryuu's BanGoat
Hated by all.
Yet still raped.
Zanzy's Hoe Club!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[GATA] [Inq] [doc]lover [GU] [BISH] [r]tard [Addicted]Allie [Doxa]Allie
OKAY FUCK IT THIS SONG IS BAD - Ryuu
<Malvie> Zanzaba; only for you, baby.

"Ehh, I'm sorry. I'm just being a dick."

Yeah, I was thinking to achieve more movement/control, or more opportunities for moves, this might do it. Adding to the normal toribash movement, you could twist the neck, twist the thighs(a bit), and bend the elbows differently. Many more adjustments to this could create numerous movements. Look at the drawing.

In addition, I would add custom colors. By that I mean that you could customize your toribashian's color. Any joint, the feet, the head, the thighs, the hands, or the arms could be a different color. A fee, however, will be paid, since if it is free there would be no use of gradients and such.

A preview option in the torishop would be added, so you could preview multiple things on your toribashian, without buying them first.

Also, maybe accessories, such as helmets, shoes, bracelets, necklaces, tatoos, etc. These accessories would give you no advantage, it is just for looks.

There could also be items, that give you an advantage to the battle. It will probably cost A LOT because it will give you an advantage. Examples could be a throwing weapon, a melee weapon, etc. It will usually not dismember unless you pay EVEN MORE. There might be a limited amount when you buy it, such as having only 5 uses of the weapon. You could equip it anytime in the battle, and an announcement might be made. Example: "Kaboom17 equips baseball bat on frame 50!"

Also, I would make automated tournaments every day, which are different mods (the common ones, such as wushu, aikido, taekkyon, no CRAZY mods) every day, and are at different skill levels. So, there would be some white to orange belt tourneys, for example. Then green to brown, and so on and so forth. The prizes will vary depending on the skill level, and maybe even items as prizes. To prevent cheaters, there would be a system that will eject the player if there are double IP adresses, or if the IP adress is matching one of the higher ranked belts(if possible to do).

Those are all the ideas that popped into my head...I may update this post if more ideas come...
Last edited by kaboom17; Nov 4, 2009 at 07:00 AM.
WE ARE THE KLANTAGONISTS
Ok, I would first start with consequences. To many people can easily leave a game and come right back in if there pissed off a loose, no. If they spec on purpose during a game or leave, they shouldn't be able to join a dedicated server for 10 minutes.

2nd, to draw people in the game more so they don't quit when they feel there going nowhere taking forever to get to the new belt, I think that I would add in a small yet noticeable amount of TC gained depending on belt. Whether that means making it so you get more TC per win (not a lot though), or as I would prefer, each time you hit a new belt, you get some TC based on your belt. So maybe 100TC to yellow, 250TC to orange, 400 to green, or some sort of pattern. You wouldn't want the TC gain to be the same each way through or else people would make many alts just to gain TC from white to yellow. That way you have to work for your next belt.

To add on to stats. I would make new achievements. Ones that actually involve something in the game as apposed to decap this an obtain this. Maybe, fracture 5 bones without fracturing yourself in one match. Or rip all their limbs off with one of your limbs getting ripped off.

I would also add new mods or game rules to change the settings (I can't make a mod for this with the current toribash) that would allow us to actually have realistic punctures or something. What I mean is say a certain sword game, maybe just twinswords. where you can stab the enemy and your sword goes through them. Whether it does lots of damage or just fractures it, you should still be able to stab. Also, if you slice an enemy, or maybe hit them in a different game mode, thats where there limb falls off. So if you hit there bicep, instead of the arm falling off, the bicep does, it would do the same to the enemy as the bicep falling off but it would look cooler plus the extra arm part connected to you could dq so it could add a little more strategic aspect to some game modes

I would also create an either smaller version or full version of the torishop in game. So in the torishop tab on toribash, theres a deactivated/activated area and you could trade items in the game that way you don't have to go on the internet for toribash all the time. Toribash runs off its website a little to much and not on the game itself so this would make it all in one kinda thing.

That's what I would start getting worked on for toribash.
Last edited by Naturalist; Nov 1, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
tompaine - Cool I look forward to seeing it.

naturalist - nice
Quit, probably.
hum.. i was thinking something like 20tc per win! it would be very cool,
textures in forces/lax , type:

force text 50k lax text 40k maybe ... or each force 7k and each lax 5k.., images on signatures,
Last edited by Supernada; Nov 1, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Nice idea nada, but for 600k why not create a piece of art showcasing the texture force/lax idea?
Quit, probably.