Ranking
Original Post
Volcano Eruption in Iceland
All flights in and out of the UK and several other European countries have been suspended as ash from a volcanic eruption in Iceland moves south.
Up to 4,000 flights are being cancelled with airspace closed in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark among others.
The UK's air traffic control service (Nats) said no flights would be allowed in UK airspace until at least 0700 BST on Friday amid fears of engine damage.
Safety group Eurocontrol said the problem could persist for 48 hours.
The volcano is still spewing ash and the wind direction is expected to continue bringing clouds into UK and European airspace for some time to come.

My school starts in a few days, and we were all in vacation are Europe, over half my class won't make it back due to the volcanic eruption in ICELAND.

Guiding questions
How does the volcano affect your life?
Does it have affects are you?
Let's see...I live in Iceland, hurr.
Basically everything was already fucked up here. No money. And now animals and such die, crops are ruined and so on. I live in the capital and no ash has reached us YET. All depends on wind. Have you seen some of the photos?
All of this crap is ash.
This picture was taken at 10:30 AM two days ago. Should've been daylight.

Some of the ash is small enough to seep through small cracks between windows and can get stuck to your lungs. Getting ash in your eyes can also severely damage your eyes permanently.

And now some more photos.

Flame Shop
Proud Member of Atlantic etc.
^^^...hope it doesnt reach portugal.... but if it reaches it will affect alot of my life :O
i can only see the photo of the car :c
Why would i want a sig?
Does it affect me?
Nope.

Forgive me, but I don't know what to feel for icelander(s)? It's never happened where I live, I can imagine it would be worse than suck though
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Just one observation: from the start of this year we had so much earth-quakes, one after another, on different parts of our planet, and now this. I was studding this, putting the little red spots on my earth globe every time new quake happen and stuff, now also I started to put this volcano activity. So far I have a very disturbing image. If this continue (and i think it will) then something is starting to happen to our mother earth, some kind of change... I'm not so in this 2012 end-of-the-word thing, but as the time progress and more and more quakes (and now also volcanoes) happen I will sure make peace with my maker and do all the things that I was postponing all my life.
Just an observation.
It's a kind of chain reaction effect. An earthquake in one part of the world may destabilise the ground in a rather large area around it, thus making that area more susceptible to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. These then disturbs the area around them etc.
:C I heard the ash is coming towards my country. Gawd, I hope my dog will be okay, I'll bring him in the house.
Centuries Of Damn