ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
looking for a monitor
hi, I really need a new monitor for my desktop.

I would like to see some suggestions.
post the name, price, size, etc.

my budget is R$370,00, brazil currency
What size/ratio do you want?

When I looked for a monitor for myself before I thought this one was pretty neat. Should be used with a proper mount though.
http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA24...=24%22+monitor

this one as well
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS238H-P-...ds=ASUS+VH232H

I am a sucker for 16:9 )o)
Last edited by Redundant; Feb 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM.
How are you?
What ya looking for?

Size? Aspect Ratio? Resolution? Frequency? Color reproduction? Pixel response time?

I'd recommend getting a dell ultrasharp, which you can find most places second hand, and have great color reproduction and good quality panels.

I wouldn't recommend 1080 on a monitor bigger than 20" because you will start to see the pixels. WQHD and UHD panels are around if you want more density.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I am looking one with 17'' or 19'', it can be widescreen, I dont need much resolution, but if it comes with high resolution output would be really good if I get the right cable for it.
I want vivid colors on it, I realize how color is reproduced not vivid on another monitor.
frequency can be 75hz or 60hz

by the way,
my current is a lg premium artistic series lx40, it was good and expensive, but now it is broken.
Last edited by dengue; Feb 14, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
I can vouch for the Asus that Redundant posted, bought that exact one myself not too long ago. Viewsonic is also a nice company for monitors.

If you're not looking for high resolution, I would guess anything in-between 1280x720 and 1920x1080 would be in your ballpark. Considering that most monitors in your 17-19" range don't really go up to 1920x1080, I would say you're looking at right in the middle of the two resolutions I posted.

I really advise you get 1920x1080 (21-24") as long as your computer can handle it and you can afford it (which you can), but if not, go for that 17-19" monitor. I recommend Asus very highly, great brand.

Good luck.
Last edited by Faint; Feb 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM.