Ranking
Original Post
How to clone an eye?
Hi. I'm trying to make my first texture for practicing. I'm quite new at Gimp, even though I watched many tutorials on youtube.
I want to clone an aye just to the opposite side, simetrical, but I don't know what steps to follow. Is there any kind of mirror thing or simetrical snapping? I don't even know how to select the hole eye. It is a simple eye, just to learn something, but im stuck. I hope you can help me.
I couldnt find a tutorial for this, it would be fine to have a tutorial just for cloning cimetrical things. Maybe I didn't search well...
Thanks.
Select it, copy it, paste it, select the new eye,deselect the old one and then go to Image->Transform->flip horizontally.
Thanks, ill try it. Any way to make a line in the middle of the canvas to make things easier when finding the exact simetry, or do i have to calculate it manually carefully?
Originally Posted by Dimonsix View Post
Thanks, ill try it. Any way to make a line in the middle of the canvas to make things easier when finding the exact simetry, or do i have to calculate it manually carefully?

You can use This to help get this mapping right, also there should be co-ordinates in a corner in gimp so show where your mouse is hovering over the canvas.
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ  Pedobear approves!
Image>guides>select the first option you see and then choose where you want it
Also you can use the clonestamp for copying an eye
You have to press CRTL while clicking the eye then look the location and press