ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

That is also why we have to wait, imo.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
maybe we could do something about how to put moves together. maybe some bjj scout style breakdowns of matches perhaps use an emote in the replay file to help illustrate whats going through the minds of the players?
we could lift the replays from the replay thread that feature 2 TA members or people we can get in contact with to give their thoughts.
perhaps start a separate thread for combos of techniques used.
also 2v2 was mentioned if there is an aikido like 2v2 will we expand to include it? how close to aikido would it have to be? or does the 2v2 invalidate it.
are we going to make an offical Team Aikido Mod in the new one? we have multiplayer moding available to us hopefully.
how would you define an aikido game if there are different game rules available to us?
what if breakable grips finally becomes a thing?
or maybe its better to ask how much variance on aikido will we tolerate and still call it an aikido mod?
I believe a new Toribash would require a new TA due to the different engine. They can attempt to make all the technicalities similar but chances are they wont. The principal of TA is to tutor, so.. Yeah. New TA, right?
-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
how would you define an aikido game if there are different game rules available to us?
what if breakable grips finally becomes a thing?
or maybe its better to ask how much variance on aikido will we tolerate and still call it an aikido mod?

Think factually. It will be different and we will have to adapt. Your questions are smart.
Last edited by MoonSick; Dec 4, 2017 at 05:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
No matter what changes come about, the game is still toribash essentially. I don't think we'll have much trouble transistioning.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
how could we get 2v2 aikido working? first out team looses. fight on till both are down. would you start within grabbing distance of your team mate.

what does everyone envision toribash next to be like?
when i thin aikido i think grabs high gravity, dm, frac, incremental turn frames. instaa dq.
Honestly, we don't know enough about TBN's game play mechanics to know for sure what we can do with the new platform.
Regarding the flux of new players (which is obviously good for us no matter how you look at it,) I think we should keep recruitment selective, we should be sure of people's character AND play style before we accept them into the org. I say this because Team aikido has become more then just a bunch of guys talking about a Toribash mod, we're a tight-knit community of friends that like to be together, and that's why we've survived this long. If we abandon our roots of friendship, TA will fall apart. *sniff*
[TA] | Knowledge Base Revision...COMPLETE

Last edited by footlox; May 16, 2018 at 11:56 PM.
UPDATE: I made some rough formatting edits and deleted Tiers. I hope ya'll like spoilers.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
It might just be me but the text for the tutorials is kinda messed up. I'm viewing on my phone.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle