Ranking
Re: head height contest ;D
Originally Posted by MiTHRANDiR
Strange how people don't seem to reply here :O

agreed

i can't get anywhere close to that though! :o i got maybe about a 1/3 of that height in the second crane kick replay that i posted [see my other thread]
Re: CONTEST! Kick/throw a head
Well people are too lazy to download every little thing here. We have a problem with people just uploading anything. A simple kick can be "the fastest kick ever", and so on.
So unless people know the effort will be worth it, then they will download/discuss.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Originally Posted by MiTHRANDiR
How high can you kick/throw a head? Here's my take:

okay, i think this one is close... (see attached)

we need an impartial judge to decide i have been zooming out from the default position to make uke the same hight on the first frame (using a ruler on the screen), and then using the top of the screen to measure height.

any more for anymore?

edit: another idea for measuring, zoom out until just before the characters dissapear and then mark the head height on your screen using a non-permanent marker pen (not recommended for TFTs!! ;) )
Attached Files
Ball Skillz 1.rpl (88.5 KB, 69 views)
You can press I and then clicking on the head to get the exact height.

edit: I'm too lazy to find my height records because i don't remember in what version i did it, searching in 10 folders from over 1000 replays is a pain in the ass.
HIYAAAAAAaaa FACEKICK IN YOUR FACE....... Nah i'm just kidding
Thanks chez!

If I looked at the correct number (the rightmost on the pos row)

mine's 17.139814
and yours is 21.882588

So I guess I was right when I said you won Grats! (Unless someone else still has a submission)
I learnt an important lesson about conservation/transfer of momentum today

okay...

plan was: grab ukes head, chuck it up in the air, position underneath, and kick/punch it back up. the theory was that if the collision was elastic, the head would go miles, if the collision was inelastic it was a waste of time who can guess what happened? ;)

the upside of the whole process was absolute comedy gold!! - check out <01_heads up.rpl>

a very good example of an inelastic collision i think

p.s. feel free to take over from the kneeling position with ukes head if you want to try a more conventional method of launching it into orbit.
Attached Files
01_heads up.rpl (93.7 KB, 57 views)
02_pathetic.rpl (117.2 KB, 40 views)
Here are 2 replays. Veryhighheadthrow goes the highest i think and scorpian decap goes both high and far. I think veryhighheadthrow is the highest yet on this competition. It goes to 24.48 or something during the replay but it looks like it goes higher after the match is over.
Attached Files
veryhighheadthrow.rpl (38.9 KB, 44 views)
scorpiandecap.rpl (113.6 KB, 33 views)