ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by joshuaDA View Post
an interesting front but the white part below ruins it. ill give it a 8/10

>ruined
>8/10

I've been lurking the art forums here for a while now, and I have to ask...is this some sort of meme here where we rank EVERYTHING 8/10?
Really nice, I would make it a little darker though. And fill in those white spots. ;p

9/10
Originally Posted by KenStarr View Post
>ruined
>8/10

I've been lurking the art forums here for a while now, and I have to ask...is this some sort of meme here where we rank EVERYTHING 8/10?

the ranking system is shit.
8 or 9/10 is near perfect, and i think we can all agree that there isnt much that would deserve a ranking like that here.
people only use it when they cant give real CnC, which in most cases, is most of the time.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
The ranking sytem seems to me the system to impress your emotions in digits.
10 of 10 must be absolutely perfect, right? In that case, im not sure i have ever seen any textures like 10\10 or even 9\10.
Always when i look at textures, in my head appears the words like: Cool, nice, shit, freaky shit, or nothing. I remember it was like OMFG ITS INCREDIBLE, but i rated it 9\10. The question is: What should i see and what should my thoughts and feelings be to rate it like 10\10?
About the head:
Id like you to know that human's eye cannot ever see true black color. Even when you are closed in dark room with no lights and windows with your eyes closed, you still dont see black colour like 0 0 0 RGB. And using that black colour can ruin your work. I cant understand what's in the visor's glass. The gas mask dont have that much volume as every other part does. It looks like its underneath everything else. It also would be nice if you fill that white gap with something.
I dont need weed to get you high.
Originally Posted by aforementioned View Post

@Ezeth: I did fix my post to reflect what I meant better. Also, I disagree when you say I need to pick up the pace, I think I'd rather take it slow and enjoy myself than attempt to mass-produce textures when I don't really care about the TC. My thoughts anyhow.

It is easily possible to be faster without stepping down on the quality. Making things happen faster will be more enjoyable as well. I like what you did to the visor looks much much better now. This is starting to look like a decent head.