Ranking
Original Post
Permanent OP
I really think the room creator should be permanently Opped. So if you op someone they don't rage and deoperate you and add a ban you.
Bringer of Hell
I think this is a good idea, people when responding always try to shoot down ideas however:

1. There are constant complaints of people getting their server jacked which then requires a GM to be called to help fix it. The common response is "OMG dont op people you dont trust" well obviously it's too late and maybe you thought you COULD trust them. If this was a feature this would never even be a problem. So it's stupid to say "Don't op people you don't trust" because that wouldn't even matter with this implantation. Fully would stop any trolls. THIS IDEA STOPS THOSE PROBLEMS, THAT'S THE POINT OF A SUGGESTION

2. You often OP someone to keep the server alive when you leave your room, when you come back later ofc the /owner has been changed and they may refuse to OP you. If you are the creator of the server you should have the rights to be Op'd again so with this feature you could be

3. If you lag out or ping before/forgot to set an owner password you can still come back and be opped because it is your server, and once again a GM doesn't have to be involved.

4. This wouldn't be hard to do, and would save constant complaints or asking for someone to come into their server and OP them. This implantation doesn't even hurt anyone or anything and only causes a positive result.
Last edited by DropKick; Aug 25, 2014 at 07:35 AM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Well, the correct response is to not op people you do not fully trust. Granting a person full op is basically giving any server creator in-game GM powers. When oping someone, you should always know who he is, in the case of a hijacking, the GM's are always at your disposal. There should not be that big of a deal when a server is hijacked. I agree that server hijacking is a pain, but there are other ways of fixing this problem. Granting the server creator full-op is not the greatest solution, although it is a decent idea and others ideas can be taken from it.

P.S
How many times do you servers actually get hijacked?
A hasbeen like the rest
OR you can have different types of OPs. The low one should be moderator: Where he can have all the permission to use commands but not to de-op other people. The high one should be the Operator: Where he has all the permission to use the commands AND de-op people.
-----
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
who says you have to op someone from the other clan in a clan war?

Well most people like to have OP so both clans have the same power. Most clans doesn't agree to have a CW unless they are opped.
Last edited by Seihareach; Aug 25, 2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Bringer of Hell
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Well, the correct response is to not op people you do not fully trust. Granting a person full op is basically giving any server creator in-game GM powers. When oping someone, you should always know who he is, in the case of a hijacking, the GM's are always at your disposal. There should not be that big of a deal when a server is hijacked. I agree that server hijacking is a pain, but there are other ways of fixing this problem. Granting the server creator full-op is not the greatest solution, although it is a decent idea and others ideas can be taken from it.

P.S

Read DeopKicks post.

And servers get hijacked mostly in Clan Wars. Because one of the clan war rules are that you must op your opponents (If this rule doesn't exist anymore, It used to) or at least the leader of the clan. I don't see the point in this system because it causes too many problems.

This is a good idea in general. It's sad to say but I have noticed how the Toribash community reacts to certain ideas. Really good ideas have almost no responses. Why? Cause there is nothing wrong with the suggestion. But this way, its just going to be forgetten. Ideas with goods and bads always have a lot of responses cause the community likes to find the bad things about the ideas.

Anyways, I still support this idea. If you don't support something it's because there is something wrong with it. What's wrong with this?
Last edited by Kradel; Aug 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
Yes please! If you give OP to a troll then they will just deopp everybody and you can't do much. I think there is a /set owner command but that never works for me.

it's /setowner *password*
this is to set the pass
after /owner *password*
Originally Posted by JookerBB View Post
it's /setowner *password*
this is to set the pass
after /owner *password*

But if you give op to someone (for a good reason) they can set it again? Or will it not let them.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post

P.S

Sure GM's may be here for reasons to help out and they may "always be at our disposal", but what's so bad about implementing something to rid of alot of problems. I've only had a server hijacked once, but i've been in a server that's been hijacked multiple times. I don't see why implementing something as simple as this is bad, or why you'd even object against it.
Completely supported.
No they can't set it again. They first need to unable the first password then they can put their own owner password.
There are absolutely no rules that say that you "have to" op someone, no matter what the situation is. If you play a clanwar and don't trust the second party, don't op them.

Private rooms can be created by anyone at any time for a reason - if you have to leave there are hardly any reasons to keep the room alive - you can always recreate it later. I don't understand why would you need to give op to someone you don't trust just to keep it, that doesn't make much sense.
Well, you can just de-op the person then kick them and set max client to the amount of people are in the server then you won't be able to join again. It's simple, add levels of OPs with different permissions.
Bringer of Hell