ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[COMP] Weekly MoMoM Challenge
[Weekly Mastery Of Mind Over Matter Challenge]
-MoMoM-
-------
Recently I got rsi in my right arm, so I decided to train my left hand to draw. I mentioned this as an idea for a weekly drawing comp in GATA & Omega boards to which it was quite popular. And Thus It Has Become So!

I thought this would be an interesting test of everyone's artistic skill in mind over matter and co-ordination. Because really, drawing skill is only in the mind, your hands just follow your thoughts and create muscle memory in comparison to your opposing hand which is never used and therefore never creates that muscle memory.

So anyone up for the challenge? Your not a real artist otherwise :P

-------

Each week I will select a theme or selection of words from which to create something, the catch is you are only allowed to use your non-dominant hand to draw.
Be it Digital or Paper is up to you.

Seeing as I intend to participate aswell winners will come down to a vote.
If say Comps start on a monday, submission on a friday(26th this week) and voting over the weekend via open poll.

Seeing as there is no real way to determine if all entries are drawn by non-dominant hands it's really upto everyone to trust and keep it fair. But then of course the same has always been said of plagiarism too.

Week 1 is a Theme: DESTRUCTION

-------
There will be a continuous census of winners
You will progress up the MoMoM leader board by the points you earn through which weekly positions you achieve.

1st=30
2nd=20
3rd=10

Reaching certain milestones will earn you considerable rewards which also increase the higher your score. To which this is probably more challenging than other weekly comps because the weeks are all linked together into a continuous overall competition.

-------
Last edited by KungFuJC; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
You can count me in. The latest date for submitting is Friday the 26th of march right?
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
Here. Done with my left hand using tablet device. Hell, when u need to do something with your weak hand, do abstract art ;)

hehe, just look at mine signature!
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
Originally Posted by AHD View Post
You can count me in. The latest date for submitting is Friday the 26th of march right?

Aye that is correct. GL, I had ago at something earlier, whether I post it is yet to be decided lol.

Would I seem ignorant to other styles of art if I said I need to give you a slap 80J4N ;P but never the less you did enter so I will keep my backhand to myself lol.
Last edited by KungFuJC; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
Made with left hand and tablet.

The theme is rather easy for left hand. Remember to use lots of filters!
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
Damn, so I tried a little.

My right hand can draw smooth curves over the entire canvas. My left hand drew jagged steps. it was so depressing.

Also, RH mouse doesn't help. Might just do paper :P

EDIT: yeah, tried some LH, and then tried the same thing with RH. Simply put, my RH raped my left.
Last edited by DarkJak; Mar 21, 2010 at 04:13 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]