Toribash
Original Post
Need GarageBand Sounds
This is like my 3rd thread in the last week, so sorry about that.

Alright, so, here's what I've done so far:

I'm running windows and I'm making a Piano Simulator. Obviously, I need piano sounds.

tl;dr: Epic amounts of work go into getting piano sounds and I'm still no closer to getting them. Skip down to see what I need.

I can't record from my piano, I have nothing to record with. So, I look for it online. After much searching, the only thing I can find is in a .sf2 file, which I don't know how to open. So, I download 3 programs before I find one that works. Upon opening, I discover that it is, in fact, only 12 keys, not even close to enough. So, I have the idea to try and get mac and garageband. So, I download vmplayer (which can run other os's) and get mac tiger or something like that. It works fine, a little slow but whatever. However, from tiger I can't connect to the internet to download garageband (it didn't come with it) and can't connect to my flash drive onto which i have garageband, it just wont register. Those are the only two ways to get garageband into mac. So, I get leopard. It runs the first time perfectly, connects to my flash drive. I'm thrilled, so I give my computer a break, shut it down, and go eat lunch. Upon returning, I open up vmplayer and run leopard. BOOM. Doesn't open. I try to open it about 30 more times which of course doesn't work. All of my friends run windows, too. Hooray for me.

So, here is what I need: I need every note in garage band from C0 to C6, including sharps and flats. They need to be 32 beats long and exported individually (aka not all into one giant file, in 85 separate files) in either .mp3 or .wav . Instrument is just standard piano.

I would be very grateful if you could help. I mean, I can offer some TC, but I'm pretty broke. Thanks for reading. Hope you can help, you guys are my last effort.

EDIT: Whoa, wait, Leopard opened. Don't do anything yet.
Last edited by Kitten; Jun 25, 2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Typos, Specifics
~ [Fa]mily~
"You may have Downs, but you get me up." - Hucota7