Ranking
You didn't set your left foot on the throw. Also, be careful when picking both feet off the ground because it makes it easier for your opponent to lift/shovel you.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
He can't get shoveled if he drops his hips right away. You're right about that left foot though, use it to sweep or support the throw.
-----
Originally Posted by Zwift View Post
Iskenos, u gotta get an opportunity to do a proper suplex, I usually use it when my opponent is above me. Also, don't rotate chest while doing it, keep it in a stable position. Keep in mind, it is a very risky move, but effective when done properly, good luck dude!

ps; watch the first replay, its a proper suplex attempt, but i bailed and setup a hip throw.

---

I got some nice replays earlier, forgot to post em yesterday lol

That half guard transition was slick! Very basic but so good to see it in tb.
Last edited by footlox; Oct 25, 2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I definitely need a throw tutor. Aquita you busy rn?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
He can't get shoveled if he drops his hips right away.

You won't always have the perfect level change. It's riskier than other setups
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
@Merc: I could help you with throws. Both Roux and Aquita knows how well my throws are. Can we setup a certain time so I can get on and help ?
Haha! Ur mad!
Thanks Zwift, that was the key stone, not turning the chest too much. What do you guys think about leg assisted suplexes? For example using your thigh/knee to assist in lifting the guy.
Iskenos I have a lot of proper suplex and leg assisted suplex replays. I'll upload them once I get home today. Hope my replays answer your question !

Thanks Roux. I'll make sure to get a T4 app up soon !
-----
@Zwift, Roux, Aquita, Monkeyishi ~ can one or more of you go in-depth in order to teach me how to scissor sweep ? So I know I have to start with a side kick but I have trouble latching my leg onto my opponent. What I mean is that I fail to "leg lock" my opponent's mid-section / legs. In order to execute a sweep I know I have to latch on my opponent. But how can you "latch" on an opponent if your leg fails to wrap around him ? What is the best way to "latch on" ?

And also if my opponent goes for a two hand grab while I go for a scissor sweep, what should I do ? Should I abort the scissor sweep or go with it ?

Apart from scissor sweeping, how do you mount or guard an opponent ?

I know answers may vary depending on the situation, but I'm trying to move up tiers and mounting and guarding is something that I have never done in TB so I'm exposed to a whole new playstyle. So I want your HONEST opinion. OH AND ALSO REPLAYS ARE APPRECIATED SINCE I LEARN A BIT QUICKER THROUGH VISUALS.
Attached Files
Propers.rpl (52.0 KB, 4 views)
Smooth Transition.rpl (64.0 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by iPrime; Oct 26, 2016 at 04:35 AM.
Haha! Ur mad!
Your replays really helped, thanks! To answer your question, I usually only do mounts or guards in two situations. Situation one is that I'm getting lifted, so I use my arms and pecs to swing a leg around and hook into a mount. Situation two if for pin pressure, half guard and pin pressure are very effective against suplexes and half/full throws. I'll attach an example of each.
Make sure you pause the replays and press E at key points to see what joints are doing what, that helps me a lot
Attached Files
Half Guard pin pressure.rpl (46.7 KB, 4 views)
Ko Soto Gari.rpl (62.7 KB, 4 views)