Toribash
Original Post
Can't connect through ethernet after installing WNA1000 netgear usb adapter
I found that I couldn't connect to the internet through my ehternet port on my desktop after installing the netgear adapter, which I found pretty awkward. I wouldn't have a problem except my brother took the adapter and lost it so now I can't connect to the internet on that computer. Any clue about what could be casing this?
Proud Member of OLDA
Explain better, or let me get this pointed..

You couldn't connect to the internet after buying a netgear adapter.
Your bother lost the adapter so you can't connect to the internet on this computer.

Are you asking how to find it? I don't think we could tell you.
*It's not in the cookie jar, I checked*

Anyway, you can buy a new adapter, called Trendnet. It's a simple blue mechanism that connects to a usb port on your hard drive, you install the plug-in and wa-la. You've found a solution.
we dem boys
Originally Posted by Zouph View Post
Explain better, or let me get this pointed..

You couldn't connect to the internet after buying a netgear adapter.
Your bother lost the adapter so you can't connect to the internet on this computer.

Are you asking how to find it? I don't think we could tell you.
*It's not in the cookie jar, I checked*

Anyway, you can buy a new adapter, called Trendnet. It's a simple blue mechanism that connects to a usb port on your hard drive, you install the plug-in and wa-la. You've found a solution.

The problem isn't that I lost my adapter,
My problem is that apparently after installing the software for the wireless adapter, I can't connect via ethernet port. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It seems that when the adapter is installed, it disables the port completely.
Proud Member of OLDA