Ranking
What Community? As far as I know for the people who do understand wushu this mod is new. Talking about flowers and such. This havent even been discussed in public.
As for the mod review:
In my opinion this small box limits the freedom of movements which wushu would be all about. Sure, walls are fun to use but simple boxshu also has it and it doesnt takes away freedom so much. In such a limited environment 1000 frames are waaay too long also. I also dont like the engage distance. So many draws happen. The Real wushu community has already discussed the engagedistance and opener problem. Odlov is the living example. If you are good you can counter every opener with impro even with the original wushu engage distance.
Last edited by Uncas23; May 25, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
"Why?"
I can't stand playing wushu when there is a dojo. It's absolutely not my cup of tea. I understand some love it, but I'm far from that. That being said: the use of a box has proven itself to be a joy to mess around with, so I'm optimistic that this could potentially be the "definitive" wushu mod with minor tweaking over time. I understand there are certain capabilities limiting mod making, but I think what would be even better (or at least something I'd prefer) if every game Uke and Tori started in different mirrored positions by a random angle each time. Complete elimination of openers.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Can't say if troll or if you just turned full scrub for real.

Not troll. Sorry derps, it's nothing personal obviously, I just really don't like pussyfooting around a dojo in this low gravity. I'm totally OK with a dojo in higher gravity mods like lenshu, but in wushu a strong push off my opponent in the middle of the dojo had launched me out before. Walls are, in my opinion, a much better solution to running in low-gravity mods.

That said, I do have my reservations about Mars' version as well. I agree that the box might be too narrow, too restricting on freedom of movement. I understand it's meant to force players to engage, but that kind of goes against the spirit of what wushu is about. I think it might be improved if it was a tad wider - not as wide as the boxshu one necessarily, but perhaps 1/4 or even 1/3 wider. Another thing I'd change is reduce the difference between limb and torso damage to a more modest amount. Right now it seems a tad too drastic, based on few games I played there.
Last edited by Odlov; May 25, 2015 at 01:48 AM.
Originally Posted by MarstunoM View Post
killer3366, I don't quite understand how you came to the conclusion that marshu caters to crab style any more than regular wushu, or wushu_2015. I'm certain it's your bias against me as a player.

to clarify. a typical crab would get into get into the defensive position it's known for, point holding while waiting for the opponent to approach, as soon as they do they'll launch into them legs first dealing -often- tons of damage. the ways to counter this is with a sweep kick: a sweep kick disrupts the crabs balance preventing their follow up attack to initiate or impairs it. or to manoeuvre your way around them. Given the extremely narrow space you cant do either of these things, you are forced to directly go into them encouraging a crab play style.
Last edited by killer3366; May 25, 2015 at 02:56 AM.
Dot dot dot
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Not troll. Sorry derps, it's nothing personal obviously, I just really don't like pussyfooting around a dojo in this low gravity. I'm totally OK with a dojo in higher gravity mods like lenshu, but in wushu a strong push off my opponent in the middle of the dojo had launched me out before. Walls are, in my opinion, a much better solution to running in low-gravity mods.

That said, I do have my reservations about Mars' version as well. I agree that the box might be too narrow, too restricting on freedom of movement. I understand it's meant to force players to engage, but that kind of goes against the spirit of what wushu is about. I think it might be improved if it was a tad wider - not as wide as the boxshu one necessarily, but perhaps 1/4 or even 1/3 wider. Another thing I'd change is reduce the difference between limb and torso damage to a more modest amount. Right now it seems a tad too drastic, based on few games I played there.

Mars' mod is only a poor version of boxshu with bi-dimensional movements, it's a joke to wushu, the values in the point system part of the mod makers are poorly thought out, if not dumb.

About the "dojo or box" matter, saying dojo limits freedom but the walls don't is rather hypocritical, they do exactly the same thing except dojo brings consequences and walls bring safety. Dojo = punishement / Walls = crutchs.

I personnaly think the more challenging something is, the more fun it gets ; and walls go against that idea, EXCEPT IF there was a way to make walls & ceiling act like the ground (DQ except for hands/feet/wrists). That would be fun, punishing if lacking control, and would speed the pace of the game. Also, boxshu's ceiling is way too low, and a circle room rather than a square one would be good, it's easier to run corner to corner rather than dealing with a curve, but a square would still be fine I guess.

Although I know wushu_2015 has flaws but it's been thought out as a "transitional" mod while we're waiting for better ways to deal with the flaws of wushu with no dojo/room. And ultimately I'd also prefere a "first to X points wins" and get rid of the dojo as well, but in the mean time I still think it's the best way to limit running for the moment, except if someone can make a room with walls & ceiling acting like the ground and with reasonnable dimensions, I'd actually like that.
Last edited by deprav; May 25, 2015 at 03:30 AM.
The community has successfully ruined wushu great job.

How come only a few randoms got to dictate if the mods changed. If anyone should have any say it's the vets who have played wushu and grown great at it (odlov).

You randoms just ruined it.
Originally Posted by Space View Post
The community has successfully ruined wushu great job.

How come only a few randoms got to dictate if the mods changed. If anyone should have any say it's the vets who have played wushu and grown great at it (odlov).

You randoms just ruined it.

No one did, it's only Mars' who somehow got it set up by SparkyU I guess, no one ever heard about that mod before it got on public rooms, and no one likes it. There's not one wushu player but MissingData in those screenshots, don't worry it won't last.
It's been replaced by a different solution, wushu3box.tbm, which is what wushu_2015.tbm should have been.

Edit: wushu3box.tbm is not perfect either. . .
Last edited by MarstunoM; May 25, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
Originally Posted by MarstunoM View Post

Edit: wushu3box.tbm is not perfect either. . .

post any related feedback on wushu3box.tbm in following thread
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15