Toribash
Original Post
Month Express: June
Original rubash's Month Express in Russian

Hello everyone!

With the second summer month's arrival we're presenting you the most important events of June that you may (or may not) have missed!

Read (and watch) in this thread:

This June there's been even more events in Toribash. 'Why?' you would say, 'Have the recent GM changes been that fast or is that probably you who started hosting 50k tourneys a day?'
No, my friends, this has happened because this June the God Squad was created, and thus we have had a talk with one of its founders and a great mod creator, Smilies2!

sir: Hi, Smilies!

Smilies2: Hey.

sir: Let's start from the very beginning. Your first organization, God Team, was originally a modding-only team, right?

Smilies2: Yeah. Occasionally we would host tourneys with our own mods to test them out or just entertain everyone, but other than that, we mainly produced mods.

sir: And what was the main thing that made you focus on hosting events? Starting with raising the number of simple knockouts per day and ending with big projects such as Summerbash.

Smilies2: Well, we've always enjoyed doing knockout tourneys because we felt that they were never frequent enough in the community (or had terrible prizes). Since Clockworkmonkey and I have hosting experience from being Gamekeepers a few years back, we felt like we had the funds and the modding ability to host some good events.

sir: And as I understand, that's where you decided to found the God Squad. Can you tell us some details about it?

Smilies2: Well, we thought that 3 people wouldn't be enough to effectively hold the events we had planned. So one night, I recruited mwah and proposed that we started a separate branch of the Godteam which was dedicated to hosting events for the community. Fortunately, we found some good people to help out and we're able to produce good stuff now.

sir: From what I've seen, almost all the events of yours use the 'gt' mods. Are you going to stick to hosting only game-related events in unique mods that you make for them or are there going to be something that doesn't require using Toribash client that much (read as: art or other forum events).

Smilies2: We don't plan to host anything other than game-related events. We made God Squad to target the new player demographic which has joined since the game's release on Steam. Our mods try to simplify many different activities such as boxing, soccer, pinball, etc. - and they also allow both new and old players to challenge each other.

sir: Haha, I can try to distract players from you by making a new Deadly Game some time then.

Smilies2: Lol we'll just win it again.

sir: Okay, so can you leak something from your upcoming event, Summer Slugfest?

Smilies2: Hmm...

sir: I won't be able to make a "GODSQUAD EVENT LEAKED" video on youtube like Hax, but still.

Smilies2: Haha, it's being released this week and may be one of the most ambitious events the community has seen.

sir: Oh wow, that sounds intriguing. Any plans for the future?

Smilies2: Our plans for the future are expanding our staff, more frequent tournaments ingame, larger events using some revamped godteam mods like race cars and finally becoming a legitimate staff group to rival the GMs. That's about it.

sir: Well, good luck to you at fulfilling these plans and at your future events, looking forward to them!

Smilies2: Thanks for having me.

So this means that we all have to start getting ready to lots of unique events in the foreseeable future (surely, with neat prizes), and as for the nearest future - to the great boxing Summer Slugfest event. See you in the ring!

Rags to Riches, an event that started back in May, turned out to be a real battle of hardcore marketeers.
Reports on the opponents, accusations of frauds and buying items for unfair prices, thousands of thousands of TC and hundreds of items - competitors of this event had gone through anything that could happen at all.

Having started with only 5000 TC in their pockets and 20000 qi on special accounts created right for the event, dozens of players who signed in for one of the best competitions of this year began buying everything on their way. For some of them it became difficult to get rid of those first items and they ended up with even less TC on their accounts than they had at the start, but others succeeded in making a pile in just a month.

Almost all the participants have survived the event without getting disqualified but the top five competitors were:

Shevaroller
Insanity
Snow
HolyButler
Rekd

As you already understand, Shevaroller has won at that 'marketing mash'. Thanks to his trading skills he managed to turn the 5000 TC into 2.196.633 TC in a month's time (seriously, how is that even possible?), and if my maths skills aren't that bad as my English is, he's going to get the total prize of 4.899.740 toricredits. Predicting his PM folder to be full with "gimme tc pl0x" messages after this news issue.
The second place went to Insanity who has got 'only' 1140k but still was almost a million TC ahead of all the other participants.

Congratulations!

Am I fast just like the blue hedgehog?

This is the question that you should have asked yourself before joining one of the latest GM events. The point of the event is simple - you have to run. And run. And run. After that, you have to get that you're not doing that alone and run even faster.

Taken the fact that "HOW DO I RUN HEREEE??!?" is probably the most frequent question heard from newcomers, running competition in Toribash is a little bit symbolic. Actions that most of us do every day in our lives turn out to be extremely hard to repeat in the game which can be easily proved by the results of the first round - you are unlikely to see an unknown name in the bracket.

Just like any other event, Gotta Go Fast has its prizes - and here they truly rock. Three special object models crafted by the Item Forgers for this event, - and acquirable only for competing in the event, - these items would make you feel just like that-blue-hedgehog. Blue head, red boots - you will only have to learn to spin fast and collect golden rings, everything else will be already available for you!

The prize set

The event is still running so we'll see who gets to the final and claims to be the fastest in the Tori-community in July!

If you've never heard about it yet, the chances are you'll ask, 'Why the hell would you need a radio for a game at all?' Want an honest answer? I don't know.

Because really, who needs this - hearing voices of people who are just the same players as you are, listening to the interviews with the 'local celebrities' (who cares if they're probably interviewing your idol xXxAzikPROGAMERxXx right now, yeah?) or just enjoying the good music that is set by the DJ. Who needs asking the DJ to turn on your favorite Justin Bieber's song which would never happen as you'll be instantly hated by everyone around. Why would you want to shazam (in rush, surely) a song that you've just heard and liked - even though you can always look for its name in the playlist of ask the DJ. It is always better to stay isolated from everyone and listen the 'My World 2.0' album in your old Winamp while being wrapped in a blanket again and again.

But if you would like to do at least one of the 'awful dull things' described above - hurry up and go there: http://www.mixlr.com/TBradio. And don't forget to add the page to your favorites. These guys are broadcasting almost all day long and they are generally cool. If you want some more information about the Toribash Radio or want to apply to become a host - click here.

By the way, they are also hosting bet servers almost every day where you will be able to play together with the radio hosts and have even more fun!

Best Videos of the Month!

This is my favorite part, yeah.
The first clip today is 'Because of You' by DatSkip.

Dynamic, yet there are no continuous dubstep-like bumps. The transitions, camera movements are all just great.
And even though the replays don't look hyper-complicated, the camera angles' choice is so kick-ass at literally each moment that this video looks outstanding.

The next video is made by Faint and is named 'Death of the Robot with Human Hair'.

Each time I'm trying to comment on these clips and each time I fail to say something properly which is kind of annoying.
Syncing is good in all these videos. Replays are top-class, too. Camera - same thing, totally no problems with it (well, probably there are a few but obviously not critical).
I don't know what is 'special' about this video and why did it end up here. Probably because of its colors. For some reason these were the colors used here which caught my attention.

And the last one.
Humper - DEMENTED

There are people who will disagree with me on this, but this is the case where you can ignore some of the drawbacks.
Ignore the awful font and red text with its weird transformations which are displayed from 0:14 to 0:20.
When you don't care that a third of the video there's nothing Toribash-related happening on the screen.
Those two thirds of 'Toribash' stuff in this clip are genius. Transitions are chic, effects are superb and the style is fucking awesome overall. Sorry.
I'm afraid that soon this will become my regular reaction to any new videos of Humper.

That's all for June!

What to expect from July?

This July, you are going to see more events brought to you by the Gamemasters and God Squad.
And many, many ingame tournaments, betting rooms, hotseats and all those events that you could see in multiplayer.

But well, all these competitions are being organized every month, which cannot be said about big Toribash video projects such as this. And it looks like the final video is going to see the light quite soon...

See you in July!

Want to join rubash and help us at organizing events?
Think that I cannot into writing and want to have your own 'column' in the rubash's month express?
Send an application and let me know that!

Last edited by sir; Jul 2, 2014 at 08:47 AM.
1. Suggestion: You should do a Rags to Riches type event except you can only make money off of ingame duels.

2. Does this mean Clan League 2k14 won't be happening in July? Or is it just uncertain yet?

Edit: Did I forget to mention "First".
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
gg shevaroller
bought everything from the market very cheap and made it higher than it was sold for
fucken genius

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm not sure if the opinionated presentation form adds or takes away from the recap.
Personally I would prefer to read a more objective recap which lets users make up their own feelings and views. I am of course referring mostly to the piece about Toribash Radio. The rest was quite good, keep it up.
I'm wondering what the collectable prize is that shevaroller will be sent for winning rags to riches, any information?
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I'm not sure if the opinionated presentation form adds or takes away from the recap.
Personally I would prefer to read a more objective recap which lets users make up their own feelings and views. I am of course referring mostly to the piece about Toribash Radio. The rest was quite good, keep it up.

Anyway, newspaper writers give their opinions in their articles. We gave our opinion. In our opinion, Tori Radio is good. You are free to have your own opinion and that's fine.
Originally Posted by sir View Post

Anyway, newspaper writers give their opinions in their articles. We gave our opinion. In our opinion, Tori Radio is good. You are free to have your own opinion and that's fine.

I think you could've used that photo in the thread itself. I didn't get the sarcasm either lol.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.