Toribash
Original Post
Toribash-related Discussion Board
So, looking at the index there is a really good list of boards, that generally seem to be well-moderated, and that cover a lot of topics.

However, in my time here I've noticed that sometimes I've wanted to submit a thread that doesn't really belong to any currently existing board, and I realised it was simply that there is no board for general Toribash discussion. There are loads for media, items, art, which is great. There is also an off-topic discussion board. But for Toribash, we lack one.

I think not having one stunts the voice of the community in a way; we can't discuss common openers, countering certain situations, anything "meta," etc.

tl;dr I propose that new a new board be created exclusively for discussion of Toribash gameplay.
I see your point -- there are already a huge amount of forums. But I reject that the current off-topic discussion board is suitable. Maybe it is allowed by the rules (though maybe not: "the discussion board is used for sensible and structured discussion regarding debatable matters") but it's not its current use and to change it would be confusing.

In terms of merging, I think Discussion and Off-Topic would be the easiest. Serious threads could be marked as such in the title or with an icon.

Also: is the issue that there are too many forums on the index/front page or in total?
Originally Posted by tmewett5 View Post
tl;dr I propose that new a new board be created exclusively for discussion of Toribash gameplay.

Originally Posted by Scissor414 View Post
If you'd actually read my post (Fearv2 ffs tbh imo smh) you'd notice I didn't go so far to suggest that we should add a new board. What I DID suggest, however, is that we rewrite the rules for a specific board or repurpose a board to allow for such threads.

I was responding to the OP here, sorry.

As for the rule change, I think it would be helpful if you gave us an example of a toribash-discussion thread which you feel is prohibited on the forums right now. I can't personally think of a thread that doesn't fit somewhere on the forums, but I'm probably overlooking something
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
I think it would be helpful if you gave us an example of a toribash-discussion thread which you feel is prohibited on the forums right now

• How do YOU best counter these common openers in mod X?
  • Which of these similar mods/modes do you prefer, and why?
  • Situations in which you can effectively use joint Y

As I said, any constructive or analytical discussion about Toribash gameplay. I don't agree that these are prohibited, just that there is no obvious place to post them.
Both the Off-Topic and Discussion board handle Toribash related threads. It's just a matter of choosing which board to post in. If you're aiming to spark a debate about a Toribash topic then post in the Discussion board. If you're aiming for something less 'hardcore' then post it in Off-Topic.

The Discussion rules don't prohibit or discourage Toribash-related threads from being made and neither do Off-Topic's.

Originally Posted by tmewett5 View Post
  • How do YOU best counter these common openers in mod X?
  • Which of these similar mods/modes do you prefer, and why?
  • Situations in which you can effectively use joint Y

As I said, any constructive or analytical discussion about Toribash gameplay. I don't agree that these are prohibited, just that there is no obvious place to post them.

All three of those threads would fit well in Off-Topic. If you structured the OP properly and directed people, you could probably make a Discussion thread about the 1st and 3rd topics (if the answer was figuring out 'what is the best').

Almost always, meta topics fit in Off-Topic. That said, meta topics that allow people to argue for their position over someone else's can be fitted into Discussion.
I understand all this. I am not claiming these posts are disallowed, only that there is no fit-for-purpose board available. "All three of those threads would fit well in Off-Topic." Maybe in format, but come on, really... the forum is called Off-Topic. No one would go there to read or post Toribash-related content.