Ranking
Original Post
Shitty Traditional Art
Hello i've been doing art for...about 4 days now (yes im serious) here's a few things i've done so far (Mainly eye's because they are pretty easy)

Art

Better i guess ?

Last edited by Leviathan; Nov 1, 2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Much Lazy
Ok so on your first piece of art, it looks pretty good. But you do need to clean up your linework a lot.
There are many ways to fix this. The first and my personal recommendations are bringing your drawings over to PS or maybe a vector based art program.
Use the pen tool or the straight line tool to trace your outer edges of the art.
More Detailed Tutorial
The other way is by trying to practice drawing basic geometry, such as cones, cubes, spheres, etc...
Ok so now for your second piece. Now I don't know what kind of eyes you are drawing tbh, so I am going with my gut ;)
I would say watch this video
This video is how I learned to draw eyes. There is not much I can add on top of this tutorial. Just watch it and I will guarantee you will at least learn the technique on how to do this.
So yeah I hope I could help <3
i personally disagree with a fewparts with the statements made above

considering the thread is named traditional art, im assuming you're wanting to get better at it. whether or not you want to take it more seriously in the future, (not saying you aren't now), im gonna give ye cnc on what ye got here

transitioning to digital art because you are unable to do smooth pencil strokes is probably the worst thing you can do imo. dodging fundamental basics will hurt you farther down your art path. video tutorials are great sources of inspiration, and while its paradox you can copy certain art styles if you so choose to. however you will want to get out of your comfort zone at some point to grow.

tl;dr
do what you feel is right

a simple way of improving stroke smoothness is instead of drawing away from your body, draw the line towards you. You will find drawing the line towards yourself will be much easier. Using purely your wrist to draw lines will usually result in a curved line.

tl;dr
dont be afraid to move your arm

when drawing eyes dont forget that they are actually just balls. Learning how light affects certain shapes, (cylinder, cube, and sphere are good ones), will greatly improve your ability to draw shadows. concerning the eye, no matter what style you are going for, the top of your eyeball will USUALLY be darker than the bottom. this is due to eye lashes, eye socket being a bit deeper in the face, forhead protruding a tad, etc. also common light sources are usually never under your object, (unless ur going for some mysterious spooky look.)

overall this is a good start. many simply dont feel like drawing and only think about it. double props to you posting it online for people to see.

hope this helps ye out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Thank you Tsuion that has helped me realize a few things also the style i'm going for is more semi-realism rather than realism as for me semi-realism gives me a few more options as to what i could do in a creative sense,Personally i do also agree with you
but i must say that the tutorial's did help me out quite a bit Kris

More art ?

even moar ?

Last edited by Leviathan; Nov 2, 2017 at 11:08 AM.
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
overall this is a good start. many simply dont feel like drawing and only think about it. double props to you posting it online for people to see.

Seconding this, kudos to you! Many people are "satisfied" with just saying "i can't draw :C" and then doing nothing about it. It's something you need to learn as much as everything else, nobody is born with crazy arting skills.

Anyhoo, you're doing good with the eyes, but i gotta put up a word of caution: Remember to spread out your practice to include the rest of the face, as well as basic forms like cubes and spheres, because i'm just saying, realistic eyes in the wrong place are the stuff of nightmares. Don't get me wrong, i think eyes are great, they account for like 90% of every facial expression ever, but it's going to look weird if they don't match up to the rest of the face.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Thank you Shook your words are appreciated
Also that picture is god damn horrifying.
Next update will be a face or a horrifying monster....