Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 4.93
Hi Toris,

While working on a major release we have also cleared out bugs.

Here is 4.93, please use it and abuse it.

Steam will update automatically and the standalone versions are in the download page:
http://www.toribash.com/downloads.php

Bugs:
- Fixed bruise option affecting decap
- Fixed closing create room menu with cancel button
- Fixed uke ghost after setting engagedistance and press 7 to zoom to uke
- Fixed obj ghost when using load obj command
- Fixed ghost on obj
- Fixed autocomplete command caret position
- Fixed mod search on result with directories
- Fixed grip in torishop not reseting when closed

Gui changes:
- New Multiplayer menu
- Updated tutorial
- Added delete button to replay menu
- Added rename to replay menu
- Added refresh button that is usable per 10 seconds

Lua:
- Converted all script in startup.lua to c++ code except require function and hooks
- Locked the path and codes for read_replay, io.open, dofile, and loadfile lua function

Mods:
- Added trig_score, trig_score_once to bodies, joints
- Fixed copy player in mod maker to copy trigger, point system properties
- Changed mod maker export directory to mod directory
- Removed boxtori.tbm
- Removed modified.tbm
- Fixed long text from logs wrongly transmits in chat

[EDIT]:
Steam is updated to 4.94 with some fixes

-fixed test button in modmaker
-fixed saving effects option
-moved realtime ghost update from world state to option
-fixed auto complete to add space after word
-fixed joint texture not showing
-fixed send server info to offline client
-fixed low quality audio and voice chat conversion

If that version looks ok I will update the stand alone.
Last edited by hampa; May 6, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Any ETA on semi-transparent textures? And Chrome working?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
How do I use voicechat?
99,99999991% people on TB says there's no voicechat.

It will be added in 5.0 tho someone told me that
Alright so, Hampa I hope you take into account what I'm about to say.
I have waited ages to see the progress of this game and in this post I may need to drop some knowledge. This is coming from someone who played the goddam demo before it was free.

These updates to the game since 3/3.5 etc have been almost completely useless. Bug fixes and GUI changes? Really?......
"Converted all script in startup.lua to c++ code except require function and hooks" This to me is the most promising venture out of all the listed updates. Now, Just do that with say....they entire game.

Games that become successful are games that listen to the community and actually implement what they want. For example. People have been begging for the ability to have more than 2 players in a single match. Instead they are met with excuses that have run for years. Let me make it clear, if there are restraints - get past the etc. Don't just say nope and then give us (shitty) hats. 0.o Another example would be we have asked for in-game voice chat for ages and the excuse there was "na just use skype". The suggestion board for this game is a complete joke. Just remove it.

This has become a glorified personal project with no ability to expand and no intention of growing or becoming anything serious.
(No evidence presented to prove otherwise. So all you butthurt fanboys who are against progression please keep away from commenting on this)

Man up hampa. Get another engine, change servers etc etc and start giving people what they want.

I'm done wasting time and money on this game. Hampa, enjoy the cash flow while you can, and hang on to your outdated code which you so desperately cling to, it will be your downfall.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Originally Posted by CoKe View Post
Alright so, Hampa I hope you take into account what I'm about to say.
I have waited ages to see the progress of this game and in this post I may need to drop some knowledge. This is coming from someone who played the goddam demo before it was free.

These updates to the game since 3/3.5 etc have been almost completely useless. Bug fixes and GUI changes? Really?......
"Converted all script in startup.lua to c++ code except require function and hooks" This to me is the most promising venture out of all the listed updates. Now, Just do that with say....they entire game.

Games that become successful are games that listen to the community and actually implement what they want. For example. People have been begging for the ability to have more than 2 players in a single match. Instead they are met with excuses that have run for years. Let me make it clear, if there are restraints - get past the etc. Don't just say nope and then give us (shitty) hats. 0.o Another example would be we have asked for in-game voice chat for ages and the excuse there was "na just use skype". The suggestion board for this game is a complete joke. Just remove it.

This has become a glorified personal project with no ability to expand and no intention of growing or becoming anything serious.
(No evidence presented to prove otherwise. So all you butthurt fanboys who are against progression please keep away from commenting on this)

Man up hampa. Get another engine, change servers etc etc and start giving people what they want.

I'm done wasting time and money on this game. Hampa, enjoy the cash flow while you can, and hang on to your outdated code which you so desperately cling to, it will be your downfall.

That's a lot of assumptions tho. I don't disagree with everything you said (especially about hats, gameplay features should be way more important than cosmetic features). But :

- ALL succesful games didn't listen to the ALL the suggestions of their community, that's very recent since it's only a thing with early-access games.

- You're assuming they never tried to find solutions for the 4 players features. They probably tried a lot and yes, it probably requires a new engine to be an actual thing. which would take ages for ONE feature that is far from being the main focus of the game.

- You're assuming everyone wants in-game voice chat, I'd be begging not to have it to be honest. There's no reason to have voice chat as there is no teamplay. People would talk expecting you to hear, but most people play with music, and the other part don't want 11 years old boys screaming in their ears.

- I've seen plenty good suggestions being taken in consideration and becoming actual features (hell one I've even suggested with da fl0wers)

- As said, another engine would take ages to be made, maybe he's even already working on it as a side project ? But would you like everyone to give this one up in the meantime ? no fix, no update, no nothing. It's a viable source of income for multiple persons and it's still being improved and updated, why would they throw it away ?

- Getting new servers and giving people what they want requires money, how would they get money if they throw everything away ?

- I'm a fanboy, and I'm all for progression. But I don't think progression happens how you think it does.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
That's a lot of assumptions tho. I don't disagree with everything you said (especially about hats, gameplay features should be way more important than cosmetic features). But :

- ALL succesful games didn't listen to the ALL the suggestions of their community, that's very recent since it's only a thing with early-access games.

- You're assuming they never tried to find solutions for the 4 players features. They probably tried a lot and yes, it probably requires a new engine to be an actual thing. which would take ages for ONE feature that is far from being the main focus of the game.

- You're assuming everyone wants in-game voice chat, I'd be begging not to have it to be honest. There's no reason to have voice chat as there is no teamplay. People would talk expecting you to hear, but most people play with music, and the other part don't want 11 years old boys screaming in their ears.

- I've seen plenty good suggestions being taken in consideration and becoming actual features (hell one I've even suggested with da fl0wers)

- As said, another engine would take ages to be made, maybe he's even already working on it as a side project ? But would you like everyone to give this one up in the meantime ? no fix, no update, no nothing. It's a viable source of income for multiple persons and it's still being improved and updated, why would they throw it away ?

- Getting new servers and giving people what they want requires money, how would they get money if they throw everything away ?

- I'm a fanboy, and I'm all for progression. But I don't think progression happens how you think it does.

You seem like you have common sense so I wont go into detail with my counter-arguments. 100% Requests for something to be implemented is never a possibility. Fact is - more people want voice chat than those who don't. Also a simple mute will solve your issue.

Unity 3d = free, fast and powerful ( No cost at all to do work on this.An engine that has physics built in that can be manipulated - copying tb physics over won't take years -.-)

Let me sum it up for you, 3 years from now mind-sets like yours will remain the same. You refuse to see the 8 years already wasted on hats. Fact is that we are so used to receiving nothing in the updates we've given up on trying to get hampa off his ass. We seriously use lua scripts for functionality in a game, my god it's 2015.....

8 years +. The game just looks different. No progression. This game has(had) the best community for gaming I have ever seen. And it goes to wast by only listening to suggestions that are within the games limitations and boundaries (Which is not expanding anytime soon).

I myself will help work on a toribash dev'd in unity if I must as a dev. However, that's a project I doubt hampa would go for. Easier to sit back and praise your ancient and limited code.

Ho I thought you meant he should make his own engine not switch to an already existing one ! Yeah indeed it would be much faster, but it still quite a load of work tho.

It's not that I refuse to see some bad decisions have been made, well rather some good decisions haven't (yet?), but I think your opinion is too extreme as there probably are some things we don't know about or didn't consider which results in having the game as it is now, in the present time, and not what it looks like in our wildest dreams.

Making a good early-access indie game is a long process made of choices and compromises, it takes time and patience is the key

Edit : fixed typing errors and non-sense, I was barelly awoken xD
Last edited by deprav; May 15, 2015 at 09:51 PM.
nothing will change, just forget about it, really.

there was an amazing opportunity with steam release and it was wasted, why even bother to post something if we all know the answer?
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
nothing will change, just forget about it, really.

there was an amazing opportunity with steam release and it was wasted, why even bother to post something if we all know the answer?

On a serious note. I agree man. Thank you for the wonderful years of this game Hampa, I hope you find peace in knowing you've created something that was great and could be even greater, but it's clear it's reached the end of that development cycle.. Times change and we need to move on with or without you Toribash. After the whole community hated the release of 4.0 etc. Their cries fell in vain.
Last edited by CoKe; May 16, 2015 at 03:49 AM.

Just to note, I don't know if this is just for shaders, but the shadows for 3d items seems a little glitched.

(im)