ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
inconsistent FPS slow game
ok i have drivers updated but whenever i open toribash its starts out with about 9fps then get to around 28 fps then back down to 9 mabye stays at 18fps to 21 fps for a while and will either go down and then back up. im preatty sure its not cause my comptuer cant run it because i can run Garry's Mod very well. and my computer used to run toribash just fine until one day idk what hapenned it just started to do this. so i quit toribash for about a year then came back about a week ago and have been playing on my friends mac, but i woudl really love to have this game run like it used to on my computer. i have a 2 year old dell 1525 insipron with drivers updated. please help i wanna get back to playin toribash.
NO HOMO...
Use skulfuks system statistics tool
found here
Post results here.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-Mohandas Gandhi
So you do have your drivers updated?

What OS are you using?

Also what's your graphics card?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

2ghz Core 2 processor, shipped with 2gig ram & Intel x3100.

K, 1st thing 1st. Gmod (and all HL/HL2 based stuff) is basically a DX7 engine with additions for newer tech bolted on top. In essence a 6 year old computer would be capable of running it.

TB however has a lot of maths going on constantly, thus it needs a bigger machine.

To sort your problem I advise the following:

1. If you've got shaders enabled turn them off. If you can't live without them turn off most the shader options. Your GFX chip emulates shaders so your giving your processor more work by having them turned on.

2. Set the game to 30fps in options, although with shaders turned off your machine should be able to do 60.

There is an annoying glitch with the recent versions - when the game finishes downloading your items & textures the fps will half. It's completely random and I haven't found the cause yet. When that happens & you exit the game there's a chance it's still running in the background, open the task manager to kill it - it'll be listed as a process rather than application.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
i cant run shaders and i turned almsot all the stuff off so game looks like crap but o well i dont care. but even when i but everythign back on it stull runs slow but no change in fps..ughhhhhh help
NO HOMO...
What resolution you running the game at?

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Look in the game's options.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Same thing happened to my old computer I have back home.

It is around four years old but at the end before I bought myself a new computer it started to act strange.

Games which I had been able to play without any problems had the exact problem you mentioned. I play for about 5min completely fine, then it starts to lagg really bad for about 20 sec, goes back to no lag and it keeps doing this.

The strange part is that only a few games act like this, sometimes the more demanding games run just fine while the older can no longer be played.
Dirt dosen't need luck